I need some advice

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: I need some advice

Post by evilone »

kaisarwilhelm wrote:Edit: he says its a 1990 so it has a horizontal Minarelli.
I'm pretty sure that's a CG50 not CY50 which would mean it has the vertical motor. I'd get better pics and a model number.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
kaisarwilhelm
Noob
Noob

Post by kaisarwilhelm »

Duh, I wrote the wrong one. It is vertical. I meant to say vertical. Derp moment.

I ended up buying it. It is missing the mirrors and the horn. I'll look up some aftermarket parts to see what I can get. It is fast. I know the speedometer maxes out at 30, but I must have been going 45. I'll check it better later. Drove two hours for it. I hope, but think it was totally worth it.
kaisarwilhelm
Noob
Noob

Post by kaisarwilhelm »

It was also missing the kick stand. I purchased a kick stand and the horn. I'm looking for some aftermarket mirrors. I'm pretty sure the threads are normal threads and not backwards ones. 8mm? I'm not sure.

the guy I bought it from found it in some guy's barn on craigslist and traded an RC car for it. He's a professional mechanic and purchased (all brand new) some things it was missing...like a rear tire, the torque spring, drive belt. then he painted the purple jog plastics black to give it a red and black look. He also swapped out the air filter with an aftermarket one and gave me the old one...so now I'm going to sell a stock jog air filter (CG50) to whomever needs it. Also, he jetted the carb and did something to the jug. He put in synthetic oil in it as well.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Dx.com in the motorcycle gadgets section awesome mirrors for 12$ billet aluminum :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock