elite E swap question!?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

baap_cp
BMX
BMX

elite E swap question!?

Post by baap_cp »

If I swap in a se50 motor to my E I kno I need a different motor mount but is it nessasary to relocate the shock mount?
eliteE85
Goped
Goped

Re: elite E swap question!?

Post by eliteE85 »

i am putting a se50 engine in my 89 elite e, i will let you know what i end up doing, i ordered a mount from a nb50 and im hoping i can manage to get it to work, i also ordere a longer shock for the rear, and worse case -weld new everything
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

baap_cp wrote:If I swap in a se50 motor to my E I kno I need a different motor mount but is it nessasary to relocate the shock mount?

To do it properly the shock mount should be relocated. This is very difficult to do because the gas tank gets in the way.

If you choose to use the stock shock mount location the angle of the shock will be much greater, and a longer shock will be required.

A shock from a honda express works pretty good IIRC.

The first time I did the swap, I just welded an extention on to my shock.

Search for "elite e transformation" to see how I did my first e swap. :thumbwink:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
eliteE85
Goped
Goped

Post by eliteE85 »

i just ended up using a 2 inch longer shock and cutting a nb50 mount to fit
eliteE85
Goped
Goped

Post by eliteE85 »

for the motor mount i just looked for a mount that would support the engine im swapping in- i used a se50 af05- so i got the nb50 mount(same case) then i trimmed it to fit into the elite e frame, bolted on my longer shock and now the engine is on- the shock angle looks like it could be a problem- but if your just putting around and not racing it then i think youll be good- its harder to relocate the shock because of the stupid gas tank-
baap_cp
BMX
BMX

Post by baap_cp »

Yeah my current bike I got rite now is an elite E fully built with a sym dd50 block. I've done the shock mount and motor mount change. I was just hoping I cud do it with an af05 to cut out all the stress
Haha. But I sold the stock one I had