Idle circuit clear?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Jerry
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Jerry »

It would seem to me that if the bike starts good from a cold condition and once warmed up it fails to idle, the most probable cause is the choke not shutting the fuel off completely and it starts flooding. You could see this with a black or carboned plug.

If the plug stays clean (tan) then you are still having a problem with the idle circuit.

When the choke shuts off the fuel, the idle circuit takes over. It is critical that the idle jet is clean and unrestricted. If the adjustment screws don't make a difference at all, the circuit is clogged.
Scoot safely
poopyBlowout
Noob
Noob

Idle

Post by poopyBlowout »

Kikwear I have the same problem and I ended up buying a new autobystarter but that didn't solve the problem. It still runs but I have to keep on the gas other wise it will die. Adjusting the screws don't seem to effect the idle either? Stumped :x Any advise would be great. I have decarbonized the piston and replaced the fuel lines cleaned the carb like 6 times now, I dont know whats wrong
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

if you do not have an air cleaner that is the problem. once you have the bike running un plug the choke and see what it does.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
poopyBlowout
Noob
Noob

air cleaner

Post by poopyBlowout »

I have an aircleaner on it I even cleaned the air box out and the filter and soaked it in gear lube like the manual says. I'll try unpluging the choke, I'll let you know what happens. Thxs
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

90W gear oil? Is that the right stuff to use on the filter? Did you wring it out when you were done?
poopyBlowout
Noob
Noob

oil

Post by poopyBlowout »

Yeah i used gear lube I can't remember weight. I used what it said in the manual. And yeah I rung it out good.