Engine Low Power, Bogs Down When Accelerating Hard

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ratrodelite
BMX
BMX

Engine Low Power, Bogs Down When Accelerating Hard

Post by ratrodelite »

Okay so I picked up a elite sa50 non running, since then I put in a new plug and topped it off with fresh gas and fuel system cleaner. That got it running but not as good as my other Elite. I can get it going down the road but as soon as I get on the gas it just bogs down and almost dies on me. So I figured that the carb just needed to be cleaned, so took that apart too, cleaned it with the spray and got some junk out. Still the same d*** thing, I don't know what else to do, I'm lost here. Anybody got some info for me?
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Re: Engine Low Power, Bogs Down When Accelerating Hard

Post by bfowler »

Probably have to soak the carb to make sure it's completely clean. It's important to make sure the pilot is clear. Mine used to do that, some throttle was okay but if I turned to full throttle it would bog and die. Cleaned the carb and it runs well now. If that doesn't work, check the airfilter element to see if its clogged.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Is the air box hooked up an in one piece, air filter intact and oiled right. It sounds like lean condition, if the pilot was the only problem it would rev up once you got it out of the pilot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
ratrodelite
BMX
BMX

Post by ratrodelite »

I don't know what the pilot is, would it have anything to do with the two screws that you can adjust, I've got both of them turned all the way in. Also there's a nice little crack on the exhaust pipe near the motor.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

ratrodelite wrote:I don't know what the pilot is, would it have anything to do with the two screws that you can adjust, I've got both of them turned all the way in. Also there's a nice little crack on the exhaust pipe near the motor.
Oooooooo, you really need the manual my friend. And a crack in the exhaust is not a good thing it could really hurt the performance. And the pilot as we call it is a jet in the carb that supplies fuel for idle and up to about 1/4 throttle. One of those two screws is the idle air mixture all the way in means no air for the idle, and one is the idle speed adjustment, it holds the slide open to the required position to hold proper idle speed. The manual will show you the proper baseline settings for the two screws, how it ran like that who knows. Don't worry everyone will help you get a handle on how everything works on your scooter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

main page for the wiki index http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page

service manual link http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... ce_Manuals

choose your scooter year and download the manual that fits.

nice carb cleaning detail: http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... r_Cleaning

carb cleaning picture guide: http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... ture_Guide
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
ratrodelite
BMX
BMX

Post by ratrodelite »

Thanks for all the help guys, I will let you know how it goes as soon as I get some free time to take her apart.