Honda DIO torque values

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

refl3x
Spree
Spree

Honda DIO torque values

Post by refl3x »

I was tired of having to look up the Torques in the service manual over and over so I made this to print out and hang up in the garage.
I figured some other people may get some use out of it. It's most of the basic important stuff. (in my opinion) If you have any suggestions on what I can do to improve it let me know!
Thanks!

Last edited by refl3x on Sun May 19, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Honda DIO torque values

Post by mousewheels »

Attractive in pictorial form. There's good reasons to limit the values. Two worthy of consideration are Head Bolts and flywheel nut, we hear about issues with these after the fact :wink:

The wiki has torques in table form, we'd like to add yours diagram soon. -- http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... e_Settings
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

tks for checking both areas strapline. If you find issues with the 'wiki please alert me.
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

there is a chance I may have entered the wrong values on something, i used this guide as a reference

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Manual ... Manual.pdf

if you find an error please make it known to me with a page # and I will be more then happy to edit it

I love service manuals and have actually been known to read through them just or fun however being more of a visual person,
I thought a single page/image with "pointers" much more effective, hence the reason for creating this.
Again I appreciate all feedback/criticism.
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

Well, like I said I did it for ME! I understand not many people actually have a dio but it wouldn't be much work to change a couple of values to make the chart work for say...an elite!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I agree that stripped bolts suck. I agree that Elites are not Dios. However some of us here in the 48 DO own AF18 engines, and many of us are smart enough to tell the difference. I for one am interested in and appreciative of Refl3x's efforts. Once again, by telling him to "Take it to the Hawaii forums..." you seem only to want to pick a fight. You are welcome to do some work yourself to add to Refl3x's efforts. You can look at whatever you want before torquing your nuts, but you don't speak for the Forum. If you have something constructive to add, do it. If not, think twice before clicking Submit.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

Added a few torques and double checked the lower strut. It is 20 not 43 as previously mentioned. Updated the Image . I will probably go ahead and make an elite version, so that will be up soon.
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

Added an elite SA50 version, again if any error is found/suspected please let me know. I used this as a reference

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Manual ... Manual.pdf
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

I thought about putting the different bikes on the same page with a color coded guide to show different TQ's for the different years/bikes but i thought, "how much effort do i really want to put into this?" I have a dio (sortof) I think separate pages helps keep it simple. If someone else has Illustrator and would like the file to edit for themselves I probably wouldn't mind emailing it to a few individuals, for personal use. I also thought it may be fun to make a complete visual TQ guide to include the engine with all its sub-systems, but then again that goes back to "how much work do I really want to do?"
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Thanks, nice work :thumbwink:

'wiki' has been updated to your current imagesLink

IMHO - separate pages are fine. Most don't need to compare torques, and its goof proof to view only the bike being worked on.
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

thanks for this refl3x. Am printing one for my elite as I type. will be handy.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges