Is my spark plug in expected condition after 300 miles?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

Re: Is my spark plug in expected condition after 300 miles?

Post by patthesoundguy »

graphite9 wrote:Dude run the life out of it. I worked on a spree with 9k miles that ran flawless. Go to OEM cycle parts and look it up. Call your local Honda dealership and ask for them. Go to the store and get the crappiest cheap tool set you can find. Then have at it. Gotta learn sometime.
I agree drive the living daylights out of the scooter that's what they are for... To drive ;-) . Some inexpensive tools can last a lifetime if you take care of them pick up a little socket set tear the top end off the scooter and get at er B-) there aren't that many parts to remove to take the cylinder off of a spree.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Pancake Sauce
Goped
Goped

Re: Is my spark plug in expected condition after 300 miles?

Post by Pancake Sauce »

Update: I ordered a new seal and petcock. I'm back on the road at 31 mph running smooth as butter. I am quite surprised and satisfied how it turned out. The only issue I have ran into now is too much torque on takeoff. When I WOT from a stop it torques my drifeshaft nut right off of the bike, probably due to the previous owner stripping the splines off of it. I tried torquing the nut to 30 lb with a torque wrench and it didn't work.

Today I stopped at home depot and got red and blue loctite. I used a dab of each on the bolt so we will see how things work out. I have a couple more ideas but this one seemed like the least effort to get the job done. If I don't update about the nut again on this thread then I guess we can assume it held.
'09 Honda Metropolitan
'83 Honda Aero 80