oil plug leaking

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonesv

Re: oil plug leaking

Post by bonesv »

The plug I have has a threaded hole in which I fitted a couple of washers on to with a bolt.
The large washer was big enough to drill a hole into which allowed the use of the original pumps'
retaining bolt. As you can also see, I used the o-ring from the oil pump, as well as the included o-ring, so no Hondabond or hammering was necessary. The plug slides in easily and firmly, and sits flush to the block and can not move in any direction.
I have not had a leak once on either of my motors.
I hope this helps anyone who has not had experience with an oil pump plug. Of course there are many other ways of accomplishing the same results successfully.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

nice job i use a 100yen polished coin to hold my plug in lol
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Cherreh SR
BMX
BMX

Post by Cherreh SR »

bonesv wrote:The plug I have has a threaded hole in which I fitted a couple of washers on to with a bolt.
The large washer was big enough to drill a hole into which allowed the use of the original pumps'
retaining bolt. As you can also see, I used the o-ring from the oil pump, as well as the included o-ring, so no Hondabond or hammering was necessary. The plug slides in easily and firmly, and sits flush to the block and can not move in any direction.
I have not had a leak once on either of my motors.
I hope this helps anyone who has not had experience with an oil pump plug. Of course there are many other ways of accomplishing the same results successfully.

Excellent guys! Thank you very much the pictures you provided are the perfect explanation on how to do this.