1985 honda spree starter coming out of place?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Moodatm
Goped
Goped

1985 honda spree starter coming out of place?

Post by Moodatm »

hi. so i am having a problem with my spree (not that surprising to me any more) after a recent stater swap she ran great! now the problem is the starter where when i go to start it the starter engages but slips out of the hole and does not disengage. so it will stat stuck in the "starting" position but get stuck on the (i know this isn't the right word but bear with me haha) gear. this all became a problem after my belt got shredded up and i replaced it. no clue whats wrong with it. any help appreciated :)
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Re: 1985 honda spree starter coming out of place?

Post by kingearwig »

Sounds like you are talking about the bendix. Not sure what it is called in the manual. I'm sure someone here will chime on to tell you how to repair it if it is possible. Otherwise it is very simple to replace. Just have to take the nut off that holds the driven face on then remove the driven face.
patthesoundguy

Re: 1985 honda spree starter coming out of place?

Post by patthesoundguy »

kingearwig wrote:Sounds like you are talking about the bendix. Not sure what it is called in the manual. I'm sure someone here will chime on to tell you how to repair it if it is possible. Otherwise it is very simple to replace. Just have to take the nut off that holds the driven face on then remove the driven face.
Yeah I would call that the Bendix. Sometimes those things need to be cleaned up and serviced. If its full of belt debris it will be hamy jamy, and not want to move properly. They also need the ends cleaned and and any old grease completely removed and a little grease in the holes where the Bendix came out of.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock