need a key....help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

leadfoot
Noob
Noob

Re: need a key....help

Post by leadfoot »

How does that come off?
I took one screw out and it didn't budge. Does it come out from the headlight side or the seat side?
wentwest
Spree
Spree

Post by wentwest »

The code is stamped on any key cylinder, so you can remove the seat lock and find it there. And hope that it was never replaced. They all matched when the scooter was new. The code is stamped on the side of the cylinder. If you have it in your hands at home, take it to the dealer. There are even companies that will do it for you on line.
Wiscompton
Goped
Goped

Post by Wiscompton »

Wow, I am surprised so many guys on here have helpful Honda dealers.

Around here if you walk into the local Honda powersports dealer and tell them you need parts/service for an older scooter (i.e. not a Ruckus or Metropolitan) they shoo you off with a broom.
adamcarrick
Noob
Noob

Post by adamcarrick »

Search you tube for the bump key method, works well on simple locks.Wheeling Locksmith can make a key for you if you take ignition/bike to the shop.Or you may call them at your home they are not very costly even they are affordable and they provide you 24 Hour Emergency Locksmith service.
timcooper
Noob
Noob

Post by timcooper »

I think a locksmith may be able to make a key from the number stamped on the lock.Plainfield Locksmith are experts in this section and they made a new keys in given time.
deanjones
Noob
Noob

Post by deanjones »

You must contact to good and reputable Locksmith because locksmiths are experts as well as professionals they are much better than dearlers.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I've done this a few times. Extensive disassembly - and some stubborn fasteners - is necessary to remove the ignition key lock. Somewhere on the back is a Honda Key Code, which a Honda dealer can punch in to the key-making machine to produce a perfect fit using a Honda blank. The blanks may not be easy to find, even at the biggest "full-service" locksmith shops. The result was a perfect reproduction of a key that also worked the saddle and (Aero) side cubby locks. The cost was under $10 in 2009.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Jackjackson
Noob
Noob

Post by Jackjackson »

You could just go the Locksmith and get a new key cheaper than a window.Locksmithing service is good for keys related problems.
Seanim
Noob
Noob

Post by Seanim »

It's better to find a good locksmith than to try repairing it by yourself. Especially if you are not that kind of a guy. I don't believe Honda did tell you to go to the locksmith. It's really strange.
simnist
Noob
Noob

Post by simnist »

Seanim wrote:It's better to find a good locksmith than to try repairing it by yourself. Especially if you are not that kind of a guy. I don't believe Honda did tell you to go to the locksmith. It's really strange.
Is that Toronto guy good? I actually don't know what locksmith to choose - https://locksmithbrampton24.ca or the Toronto locksmith.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Never have had an issue getting the cylinder off or having a key made. The code is only on the ignition. You may need a registration to prove you own it, however my local dealer cuts keys from code for about $10
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
motormike

Post by motormike »

Whole lot of BAD information being offered in this thread by "noobs"...but Wheelman111 and martynkim are giving very good advice.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"