Are spree engines suppose to rotate CCW?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Are spree engines suppose to rotate CCW?

Post by LMH »

Im sitting there kicking the spree engine over for fun and notice it does not rotate clockwise if youre looking at the flywheel. Im thinking my engine is doing the same thing as the other guys spree? Im half interested to find the head and some head bolts and fire it up to see if itll drive back wards.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Are spree engines suppose to rotate CCW?

Post by mousewheels »

CCW on the flywheel (stator) side is correct. Spree has a single reduction gear set in the trans. That gives a rotation reversal between the engine and the rear wheel.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Thanks mouse!
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

hello lovemyhonda . yes I posted the spree runs backwards help post. unfortunately I pull the motor off and did the AF16 motor swap. :smile: before I took any video of the motor running backwards. :( its impossible to drive it. I came to find out that the timing is off. and It will only start and run backwards with a drill.
what I will have to do is swap the motor back and take the video. I hate to do all that work again and then swap it back to the dio motor. just to make the video. I still have the motor when I get a chance and have time. I will swap it and post the video for everyone to enjoy. :thumbwink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ