Sa50 go past idle

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

12gauge
Spree
Spree

Sa50 go past idle

Post by 12gauge »

I rode my moped home from work last month an it rode home just fine until I got in my neiborhood. Then it lost all power it just idles. It starts just fine and idles but If I open it up all the way it just feels like it's idling on choke then I let off the throttle and it dies I cleaned out carb and tried my old cdi box and got a new spark plug
swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Re: Sa50 go past idle

Post by swflcarl »

Hey Gauge.... maybe you are losing compression.

PTSG might suggest you have a shiny cylinder?

I suggest that you might take a compression reading?

Best of Luck.
I'm more than happy to explain it to you. I'll even draw you a picture! But I can't understand it for you.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive
bonesv

Re: Sa50 go past idle

Post by bonesv »

So you cleaned the carb and put it all back, and no improvement?

Did you check to make sure the slide inside the carb was moving when you twist the throttle? Just to see if maybe the cable broke somewhere? (you can feel it with your finger if the airbox is off)

Is the throttle cable one piece, or is it the split cable which also runs the oil pump. If the later, check to see if it has come apart at the split joint and is causing your problem.

How was the air filter? Did any of it maybe get sucked into the carb and clog the reed assembly?

You also need to keep trying to locate the problem and reporting whatever you find to help any of us who may be trying to help you.

Also try to post some pics if you can.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861