01 elite 50 questions

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

01 elite 50 questions

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

only put a few miles on this after I purchased it it has 7500ish miles and It seems to have a itermittent vibration that seems to be rotational. seems to be mostly as im pulling up hill anybody have any thoughts. new to Elites and my spree never really had any issues like this. And if im sitting at a light and hit the gas it revs but doesnt move and if I let off the throttle and hit it again it does it again briefly before kicking in is this normal? and any thoughts on that would be great. and a super newb question are the tires tubeless? thanks all.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
alexfleury
Spree
Spree

Re: 01 elite 50 questions

Post by alexfleury »

Yes tires are Tubeless

The vibration? I don't know and I'm kinda a noob myself. but it sounds like you might want to the shock and engine mounts
Life May Not Be
The Party We Wished For
But While We Are Here
We Might As Well
Dance
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Thanks but after driving it home it sounds like something that's spinning but doesn't always do it. On slowing down I don't feel it but when it's throttle open I do. Think it might be a wheel bearing but not sure. I need to rep ain't the rims soon so might check the bearings then.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

if you hit the gas and it doesn't move, it sounds like the clutch springs and/or center torque spring has been upgraded.
By all means, check the bearings :)
the intermittent stuff is horrible because it's that much more elusive to trace the source.
bearings are a good place to start
see if you could check the clutch too
I'd go with all the regular maintenance checks that the manual suggests, in this way you'll familiarize yourself with your new ride while making sure it'll be in tip top shape. :)
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Graphite9 is gonna do some work on it soon and he's gonna check the clutch while he's in there. When it engages it pulls hard. I'd check it out personally but between my twins second bday and a trashed garage I won't have the time. Vibrates mostly around 30 and it isn't horrible just noticeable thanks for the input
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY