For you wiring nuts i need your help! remote start security

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

For you wiring nuts i need your help! remote start security

Post by abreen89 »

I have been riding my scooter to school and work on nice days. Recently i have discovered that some bike theft has been going on at the college i go to and there is no place to chain my Aero up at. I have purchased a security system with remote start (just for fun :thumbwink: ) and am ready to install it but have a few questions about wiring!

first off: can i access all the wires i need behind the front panel or do i have to dig in behind the speedo as well?
secondly: which wires are which coming out of the ignition red is to positive battery and black is to negative battery but which wire is the *"positive electric from lock" and which is the Off ignition from lock?
also: I also get confused where it shows to cut the off ignition from the lock and send the grey wire to the engine off. Also confused where the engine off is going to and where the Engines start is suppose to go?
also secondly: As for the turn signals can i wire right and left coming right off the turn signal relay?

I know these are a lot of questions but this is my first time ever trying to even decipher a wiring schematic. Here are the schematics:

those are the best Aero wiring diagram i could come up with here is the link to the actual manual :
http://www.hondaspree.net/other/Aero50_SM_85.pdf

pg. 131-132

Thanks in advance!
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Re: For you wiring nuts i need your help! remote start secur

Post by ped »

hi abreen. it's best to get a tester to tests the power wires. the on and off power wires. and turn signal wires.
engine off- on is for your clicker push button on and off starter if you have that type of alarm. also cuts the power to the starter.
but, engine off is going to the box and the Engines starting line is suppose to go the starter.
the turn signals, use the positive wire right and positive wire left on your turn signal.
the last wire go's to your horn, or trumpet.
I do recommend a kryptonite lock and chain on the rear wheel so they don't roll away with it.
I hope this helps.
this setup is if you have the remote start feature.

ground to batt negative
red to positive on switch power all the time BAT1
brown to power when switch on BAT2
pink to ground E on switch
grey to starter motor ground or motor ground
blue to starter motor positive wire
yellow to turn positive wire L
yellow to turn positive wire R
last one to horn LG
double check your ground wires for no power with the key on.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I've seen them fail pretty often as well, most of the time it drains the battery but if you got a kicker you're golden. In all honesty anyone who knows scooters knows to just remove the black wire with a white stripe from the cdi and you'll have a by passed ignition system. Then they ride away on you're scooter with or with out the alarm. The chain and lock is the best.
The only real way to be 100% safe it to never leave home.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I wonder who did the translation on that schematic, they clearly have won several spelling bees in their village.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi Abreen. Everyone is right the best thing to do is use a kryptonite lock .
cruzingratiot
Elite
Elite
Location: Detroit michigan , 2000 Purple elite s ,2001 Black elite s ,

Post by cruzingratiot »

no light poles in the parking lot ?
if there is buy a long cable lock

like this 15 footer
http://www.toolking.com/master-lock-72d ... -loop-ends
Donate Life
6-7-04 Liver Transplant Recipitant
http://www.donatelife.net/
Thank You

My 2000 Mystic Purple Elite Build
LINK -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27850
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

I appreciate your guys and you inputs but i think I'm still going to try it out. My buddy bought this same system for his motorcycle and work with no issue. So if anyone has any input as in how to wire it that would be gratefully accepted thanks!
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

cruzingratiot wrote:no light poles in the parking lot ?
if there is buy a long cable lock

like this 15 footer
http://www.toolking.com/master-lock-72d ... -loop-ends
And no this parking lot is a desolate wasteland in a bad part of town lol. A scooters worst nightmare!!!
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Maybe its not for you if you cant follow peds instructions. I can look at his instructions, look at the diagrams and do it in my head. He said exactly what goes to what in relation to your diagrams from the cheap china alarm diagram and the Honda workshop. Time to take off some panels and take a looksie. Just saying Im not sure what else you want people to tell you. If your buddy did it to his scooter than maybe enlist his help. I personally have un installed many of these.
No offense meant, but electronics can go awry quickly and cause all kinds of problems. A test light or multi meter is your best friend.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

HI ABREEN. let's keep it simple. this is for the alarm noise only.
negative 2 the battery, positive to the switch power all the time, or battery positive. and the one wire to the trumpet. You don't have to install electric start or the flashing lights.
the box should have a motion sensor that sets the alarm off when it's moved.use your clicker to arm and disarm.it will still start and run but the alarm will be making noise.
sorry about my instructions they were a little confusing I hope this helps.
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

LoveMyHonda wrote:Maybe its not for you if you cant follow peds instructions. I can look at his instructions, look at the diagrams and do it in my head. He said exactly what goes to what in relation to your diagrams from the cheap china alarm diagram and the Honda workshop. Time to take off some panels and take a looksie. Just saying Im not sure what else you want people to tell you. If your buddy did it to his scooter than maybe enlist his help. I personally have un installed many of these.
No offense meant, but electronics can go awry quickly and cause all kinds of problems. A test light or multi meter is your best friend.
I am using peds instructions I work 7 days a week and go to school 5 haven't been able to do to much. Busy lives in Oregon he installed it on his motorcycle, scooter is torn apart. I don't think any of my posts are rude not sure why you have to be, please don't post If you have nothing productive to say that's how a blog works. Thank you.
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

ped wrote:HI ABREEN. let's keep it simple. this is for the alarm noise only.
negative 2 the battery, positive to the switch power all the time, or battery positive. and the one wire to the trumpet. You don't have to install electric start or the flashing lights.
the box should have a motion sensor that sets the alarm off when it's moved.use your clicker to arm and disarm.it will still start and run but the alarm will be making noise.
sorry about my instructions they were a little confusing I hope this helps.
Thanks or I got your pm makes sense to me I will work I it a little Sunday got the panels off an labeled all the wires! :) thanks bud
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

abreen89 wrote:I appreciate your guys and you inputs but i think I'm still going to try it out. My buddy bought this same system for his motorcycle and work with no issue. So if anyone has any input as in how to wire it that would be gratefully accepted thanks!
Just replying to your reply. He gave concise and direct instructions, and you asked if anyone had any In put how to wire it. There was no further assistance needed at that point and I just pointed it out. And I still stand behind my previous statement that has no rudeness involved.
Best of luck with your first ever experience with a wiring schematic as its probably daunting. We've all been there at one point I'm sure.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The manufacturer of this alarm apparently lacked the resources to outsource recognizable English instruction translation for its main US Market. You're proposing to put the product made by these people between your engine and its ignition system. What makes you think it won't leave you stranded in that Bad Part of Town some night. Sometimes cheap is good enough.

I would advise against this action, but if you insist, run a fused line straight from the battery, not the ignition switch, to the Faucet. Then be suer theheadlock conduct electraiety to the electraneck trumpet with vigorous insularity, both the wirang and cutoff.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Grented, with honorable grapenuts.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH