Anyone work at a sign shop or something related to vinyl?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

johnny248
Elite
Elite

Anyone work at a sign shop or something related to vinyl?

Post by johnny248 »

I was wondering if anyone worked for a sign shop or did something with vinyl deisngn ,printing, cutting etc.

Reason I ask is because I've been eyeing these Asian instrument clusters from the Dio knockoffs. There are some nice speedos that read up to 120kph and are plug and play on the Elites. I was thinking that it wouldn't be very difficult to produce an overlay out of vinyl, adjust and print accordingly from kph to mph that you would be able to simply apply this to a 120kph speedo for owners in the states to have an easy upgrade to a speedo that would read up to 75mph or more. I'm assuming if you could reach higher speeds than 75, the needle would keep moving as it does on the 35mph speedos and even add another 10mph or so on the overlay.

I might be out on my own here, but I would gladly pay $50ish for a 120kph speedo and another $50 for a nice vinyl MPH overlay. I would totally do this on my own if it didn't mean that I would have to go into a sign shop, scan it, and attempt to explain the concept to some guy who has no idea what's going on at all. I guess if there was enough interest , I could actually try to get them made.

What does everyone think?

And think of this on your scoot reading 80mph...

..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~