spree electrical issue

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

spree electrical issue

Post by spreeinkc »

Ok it starts up and runs and headlight and cluster of course come on when it runs but no other electrical is working. And when i hook my hot/cold test light to the battery i get nothing. And that little resistor by the tail light mounted to the frame get super hot. Havent ran into this one yet. Any ideas?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: spree electrical issue

Post by MrJumps »

A bad ground or bad eletrical part like the resistor or the rectifier(not sure on spelling but this)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/ ... E/$_35.JPG
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

MrJumps wrote:A bad ground or bad eletrical part like the resistor or the rectifier(not sure on spelling but this)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/ ... E/$_35.JPG
I agree with the bad ground idea, that is the best place to start. Check the rectifier ground where it bolts to the frame and check the battery ground and the fuse on the positive cable on the battery. And there is also a very good possibility of a dead short somewhere.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

Post by spreeinkc »

Not sure what happened to my other post but the rest of the lights do work. Only issue now is the resistor gets super hot and I have no power at the battery...

I swapped out the battery, the resistor and the rectifier and nothing changed. Checked the grounds and all appeared to be good but I cant get power to my test light to check for sure. I added a ground wire from the battery to the frame a still no change and inline fuse is good. So I'm thinking maybe a short in the power wire somewhere between the generator and battery...?