SA50-installed some parts, now it runs but wont move! *MORE

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Elite-ist
Spree
Spree

SA50-installed some parts, now it runs but wont move! *MORE

Post by Elite-ist »

My SA50 has been sitting for a while and I wanted to get it back to stock. I opened it up and put back the stock variator and the stock gears. After a bit of starter fluid and some effort I have managed to get it started again ( the first time in years, in restrospect I should have got it running first before did this parts change :oops: ). It runs fine now but now it doesn't seem to want to move. When you try to throttle the engine it tries to speed up right up to about the point where I believe it would start moving the wheel but then it will just stay there at that higher but ineffective RPM doing nothing. Did I maybe put the parts back incorrectly ( like tighten the flywheel/variator bolt too much or something ) or does this sound like a carb issue? The back wheel spins freely when I spin it by hand so I assume the gears are in ok. Any idea on something I could try?

I just checked on it again and wanted to say that at a steady full throttle ( which sounds to me like med-low level rpms ) it does move the scooter forward along a tiny bit so the wheel is at least getting some power transferred to it and moving the scooter like it is supposed to. It also still will only start up with starter fluid but once it gets started it never stalls out.

Ok i ran it without rear engine cover so I could see what was going on with the belt and clutch. The belt and clutch seem to be working correctly as far as I can tell. Belt is spinning the clutch when engine is running like it should be. It seems the engine will just not rev high enough to get the clutch to engage. If I try accelerating down hill, as the speed picks ( from gravity alone, there is negligible power being put to the wheel ) the engine seems to rev up and then revs back down as the speed comes back down again. Any ideas on that?