New Battery, Still Got Nothin

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

guen84
Spree
Spree

New Battery, Still Got Nothin

Post by guen84 »

I just installed a new battery, and nothing powers off it. Everything works when engines running just weak at low rpm's. Brake light doesnt come on, horn wont make a peep with ignition on. The new battery has 12.84V. Continuity test good thru the fuse up the frame thru ignition switch to the voltage regulator. Thats all i got dont know where else to look. all the switches are good cause everything works when its running. Any idea's for me? This is on the 01 in signature. Thanks in advance..
2001 Elite,50mm bbk, 44.1 mm mini stroker
28mm oko carb, no restriction air filter, ct intake
zx clutch, polini for ruckus vari, pg long, 7.7 gears

1999 Elite 51mm bbk, oko vari, sef ramp plate, 8.44 gears
scootfast
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: New Battery, Still Got Nothin

Post by scootfast »

check your ground wires. sounds like a bad ground
guen84
Spree
Spree

Post by guen84 »

thanks scootfast, just call me a idiot. i did check all the grounds prior to my post. after you answered i figured id check the wires a little closer. turns out i never hooked the ground up to the battery. with all the extra electrical items fuel pump, temp gauge, hid light, battery tender, i just over looked it... next time no * when working on the scoot... :lol:

patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

guen84 wrote:thanks scootfast, just call me a idiot. i did check all the grounds prior to my post. after you answered i figured id check the wires a little closer. turns out i never hooked the ground up to the battery. with all the extra electrical items fuel pump, temp gauge, hid light, battery tender, i just over looked it... next time no * when working on the scoot... :lol:
Don't feel bad bro. We all do that stuff from time to time. I once spent 2 hours trying to figure out why I had no spark all of a sudden on my spree... I had hit the kill switch on the bar ;-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

That kill switch gets everyone sooner or later. ( glad I'm not the only one )
Recently I couldn't get the GYRO to fire up and stay running, apparently the fuel petcock has to be turned on ( manual petcock) . Boy did I feel stupid.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Johnniespeed wrote:That kill switch gets everyone sooner or later. ( glad I'm not the only one )
Recently I couldn't get the GYRO to fire up and stay running, apparently the fuel petcock has to be turned on ( manual petcock) . Boy did I feel stupid.
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
scootfast
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by scootfast »

check grounds
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Johnniespeed wrote:That kill switch gets everyone sooner or later. ( glad I'm not the only one )
The manual petcock on a lot of stuff still gets me ;-)
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
guen84
Spree
Spree

Post by guen84 »

when me and the guys used to go out riding on the quads, and stop for breaks it would be a prank to turn someones gas off when they weren't looking. 90% of the time it would happen at a perfect time, like after riding thru water or something. it was funny watching them freak out. :crazy:

patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

guen84 wrote:when me and the guys used to go out riding on the quads, and stop for breaks it would be a prank to turn someones gas off when they weren't looking. 90% of the time it would happen at a perfect time, like after riding thru water or something. it was funny watching them freak out. :crazy:
Wow thats mean but really really funny! I don't know of I could do that. I would feel so guilty and I would pee my pants laughing at the same time :naughty:
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock