Piston bottoms out, won't make full revolution...?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

Piston bottoms out, won't make full revolution...?

Post by spreeinkc »

I'm trying to put together a spree engine from parts on my shelf and got it together and the piston bottoms out and wont make a full rotation once the head bolts are snugged. If I loosen them just a little it spins fine. My question is I can't remember if everything is compatible between the different years. I know the crank shafts are different sizes and there's two different pistons and heads but I thought they were all interchangeable? Thinking I remember the cases slightly different too but can't remember. Anyway just trying to figure out why the piston bottoms out on the down stroke right at the very bottom? Anyone ran into this before? I'm sure it's something simple I just can't remember what works with what? Thanks
spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

Re: Piston bottoms out, won't make full revolution...?

Post by spreeinkc »

Its a concave piston? Almost positive its a spree piston...?
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Heya spreeinkc, I sold you a 50mm kit a while back.
I'm going to stl on the 22nd and getting another spree. On the way home I can stop by and drop off a spree engine if you want it. I don't need it nor do I want to bring it back to denver to just have to ship it to someone.
Let me know, I think you have my number. Pm me if not.
spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

Post by spreeinkc »

1man8scoots wrote:Heya spreeinkc, I sold you a 50mm kit a while back.
I'm going to stl on the 22nd and getting another spree. On the way home I can stop by and drop off a spree engine if you want it. I don't need it nor do I want to bring it back to denver to just have to ship it to someone.
Let me know, I think you have my number. Pm me if not.
I was wondering what happened to you! Didnt realize you changed your screen name. I'd definitely like to have you swing by and help me with my Elite that i put that bbk on. Im still having issues with it running hot. Had your number but lost it when my phone broke. If you have a few extra minutes when you swing through that would be awesome!
spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

Post by spreeinkc »

graphite9 wrote:its not for spree. If it hits, its for a different bike. There are no other factors. thats a good man 1man8scoots.
Well tried a different piston that i took off another spree engine and same thing. Spins fine until head is installed then it bottoms out. I cant remember do the markings on the cylinders mean anything? I have at least 10 different cylinders and they're all marked with different letters/numbers.

Not that big a deal as I'll just grab a different case and start from scratch I'm just curious as to what the issue is with that one so i dont run into it again...