LED lightbulbs

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

DeanP
Spree
Spree

LED lightbulbs

Post by DeanP »

Has anyone used LED lightbulbs in their scoot yet? Thinking of trying some out...
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Re: LED lightbulbs

Post by DeanP »

That's awesome! What size are those?
Did you try doing the brake and turn signals also? That's what I was thinking of changing out...
Just Joel
Goped
Goped

Post by Just Joel »

Dang that's impressive! Need a headlight solution for my spree. Hmmmm
84 Honda Spree... The plastic at least.
choppercraig
Noob
Noob

Post by choppercraig »

Just Joel wrote:Dang that's impressive! Need a headlight solution for my spree. Hmmmm
i came across this... http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... p_retrofit
i dont need hid's but if a h11 hid bulb fits so should a regular halogen h11 right? so i bought one, and am going to pick up my connector for it tomorrow. i dont think i geat high/low beam anymore but i should get a good deal more light im sure. i'll let you know how it works
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah the TT lights G9 has there are awesome. Would love to add a set. Would like to run some thin bar lights like yours G9 but smaller in the same spot you have yours to kinda hide them. Not knowing s*** about electrical stuff not sure it's even possible and would be bright enough to be worth it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

choppercraig wrote:
Just Joel wrote:Dang that's impressive! Need a headlight solution for my spree. Hmmmm
i came across this... http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... p_retrofit
i dont need hid's but if a h11 hid bulb fits so should a regular halogen h11 right? so i bought one, and am going to pick up my connector for it tomorrow. i dont think i geat high/low beam anymore but i should get a good deal more light im sure. i'll let you know how it works
H11 bases are all the same. So the incandesant bulb will fit. I have H11 HID in the Scooter Bus, aka the patthesoundguy van ;-) therefore I know the bulbs are interchangeable
I also have an led headlight bulb that I have had for a year waiting to mount in a spree headlight I haven't had the time to glue the base in the light and test it out. It's driving me crazy and I have been thinking about it the last few days. Maybe I'll get it done finally who knows. :crazy:
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
superfast1234
BMX
BMX

Post by superfast1234 »

My Benelli is total LED, less stress on the stator means more power!
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

superfast1234 wrote:My Benelli is total LED, less stress on the stator means more power!
You don't own a scooter.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

1man8scoots wrote:
superfast1234 wrote:My Benelli is total LED, less stress on the stator means more power!
You don't own a scooter.

Hahaha haha haha
I bet it's true.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I use my hi beam switch as an off switch for my hid, and I haven't noticed a significant difference in power. None, actually. Same top speed.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I have used a h11 bulb in the stock headlight after breaking out the old bulb , also used an h1 and h3, both of which seamed to have a better beam pattern. Currently using an h3 3k hid w great results.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Also, leds arnt bulbs, but light emitting diodes that operate under 3 volts. Automotive use leds use less power but still use some because of resistors required to step-down the voltage. Therefore, the advantage isn't necessarily less draw but power better applied. I mean, the factory bulb is like 25 watts it can't take that much power haha just doesn't make any light. I think the draw on your stator is the same. It would only be less in theory if you relayed the headlight power off the battery, therefore buffering the drain over a longer period of time. And by less I mean a little less. Sorry to threadjack
kuromi
Spree
Spree

Post by kuromi »

I read a magazine article the other day saying the stator makes the same power. Having less of a power draw from low wattage lighting just means the regulator/ rectifier has to do more work dumping the excess to ground which can ruin poor quality regulators :sad: .

Unless you run the excess through some other electrical gadgets, maybe a radio, fairy lights, TV... :naughty:
1983 Melody Deluxe II / ND50MC
1984 Melody Mini / NP50D
1979 Simson Schwalbe KR51/1 (think 2 wheel trabant/ East German Honda Cub)
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm trying to figure out the best way to put on some decent size speakers, I'm probably gonna put some in the glovebox, just don't wanna cut the holes haha.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

I have a H4 Hi/Low led headlamp in an 01 Composite housing. I also have led switch back brake lights/rear turn signals, and Led instrument bulbs. Il prob do front turn signals are some point also
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~