Honda elite 50S 1987 need help to run

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

smsudad
Noob
Noob

Honda elite 50S 1987 need help to run

Post by smsudad »

Hi. I have a basket case elite that I put together. Most of the wiring harness is messed up so I'd like to just use the minimum to get it running. Does anyone know what must be hooked up to have it run. It has no lights etc. just an engine that would like to go. I know it's a hard one and I appreciate any help. Thanks. Doug
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Re: Honda elite 50S 1987 need help to run

Post by kevinv710 »

Hi Doug, best way to do is download service manual for your scooter.
Take your time to read it, understanding very well the wires diagram page, and depending on what you do have or don't have, then go from there.
Maybe, confusing a little at first, but you will get there nicely after awhile.
You might need some help with a pen and a piece of paper to write down colors code, and shortcut connections that you plan to make.
Good luck Buddy!!
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

Everyone will have their own opinion, but I have done this many times.
Using the factory wire diagram, I would wire up the starter solenoid first ( then the engine will crank over) AKA rotate with the starter.
I would wire up the cdi to the igniter, pulser and ignition coils. ( then it will have spark when it cranks over)
And last I would wire up the charging stator coil to the voltage regulator ( then it will charge the battery when the engine is running )
Add a working fuel system and it may even run.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I agree w kev n johnnie, these things arnt to bad to just rewire or check the whole harness. A wide cdi, a coil, a starter, and fuel should get it going (or tunable to get going at least. Who kno what's wrong next haha). The service manual is available here or motorscooterguide.net
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

benji wrote:I agree w kev n johnnie, these things arnt to bad to just rewire or check the whole harness. A wide cdi, a coil, a starter, and fuel should get it going (or tunable to get going at least. Who kno what's wrong next haha). The service manual is available here or motorscooterguide.net
Bro check the wiring harness completely, if you have the scooter tore down anyways its nothing really to unplug everything attached to the harness and remove harness. i've done this over 10 times and with 3 different harness's on various bikes. Sometimes the easy way out isn't always the best route if you know what i mean