Cleaning debris from crank case

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

indy111
BMX
BMX

Cleaning debris from crank case

Post by indy111 »

Just wanted to know if there is any other option of getting debris cleaned out of the crank case besides splitting them. Thanks
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Cleaning debris from crank case

Post by MrJumps »

I would split them and replace the bearings and seals, if stuff got into the case down there its gonna hurt those bearings .
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

An old trick that several two stroke mechanics do is, pour two stroke mix ( gas and oil ) into to crankcase, rotate the crankshaft to dsitribute the mix for cleaning , then two guys hold the bike upside down to drain, repeat until clean.
I have met several guys who do this, I have done it with success, sometimes gaskets and seals are not available and this is a better option than waiting for parts. Obviuosly splitting the case is deemed the better method.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Johnniespeed wrote:An old trick that several two stroke mechanics do is, pour two stroke mix ( gas and oil ) into to crankcase, rotate the crankshaft to dsitribute the mix for cleaning , then two guys hold the bike upside down to drain, repeat until clean.
I have met several guys who do this, I have done it with success, sometimes gaskets and seals are not available and this is a better option than waiting for parts. Obviuosly splitting the case is deemed the better method.

I would agr ee with you, that seals are hard to find for the spree at times, depends on what got into there. Clean dirt out, split if metal shards got in there. Thats too big of a risk just 1 shard can destryo a topend.
indy111
BMX
BMX

Post by indy111 »

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.
travis789
BMX
BMX

Post by travis789 »

Thanks for this idea, I just rinsed mine twice to get the old gas and 4 stroke (!) oil out of it.