So hard to start my Honda Dio af18.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Arjun2015
Noob
Noob

So hard to start my Honda Dio af18.

Post by Arjun2015 »

Ok, I got problem with my Honda Dio af18 soo hard to start for the first time in a day,it would take me up to 15 to 20 min to start it, but if I got it started it would be so easy to after that, but if leave it for 2 to 3 hour then it will hard to start again. anyone got the same problem as I do? Or do you know what causing it. Thank you very much
Eliterider
BMX
BMX

Re: So hard to start my Honda Dio af18.

Post by Eliterider »

When it start is it rideable meaning it keeps running untill u shut it off or it just dies out again. Kick start or e start...
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Probably slowly flooding or not enough vacume to make fuel flow until its running or the oil pump is flooding the case with oil. Please be more descriptive.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Arjun2015
Noob
Noob

Post by Arjun2015 »

I Use kick start. Ya if I got it started it run fine and all, I can just shut the engine down and restart it with one or two kick, but if I leave it overnight it got the same problem soo hard to start it.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Check petcock fuel should not flow unless vacume is applied, leave your float bowl open over night with an bucket below it and if it has some gas build up in it your petcoxk/float hight is an isue.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Try choking the intake side of the carb with your hand or a rag or the like. Crank it over a bunch and see if you get it it to start easier. It may be as simple as the idle air circuit set a hair too lean to make it want to start cold. Is it a stock carb or is a go fast add- on carb? If it's a stock carb maybe the the idle air circuit is plugged or the bystarter is not working. I always choke the carb intake for a hard start first thing. It's unlikley rich for hard start when cold, especially when it runs and starts fine once it's up to temp.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Eliterider
BMX
BMX

Post by Eliterider »

I agree with pat it could just be tuning or clog air circulation cuz if its a flood carburator it wouldnt run as good or at all... Are u running air filter? Take it off and try starting it again..dirty airfilter plays a bad roles in air circulation too...