Installing Big Bore

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Hollandgriff
Noob
Noob

Installing Big Bore

Post by Hollandgriff »

I recently installed a 75cc big bore kit on my '87 Honda Spree. The kit came with everything to install and a upgraded jet. It runs and everything but still tops out at 30ish. A friend recommended I check the oil injector... any ideas?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Installing Big Bore

Post by MrJumps »

Oh no scrap the oil injector and premix!!!! You are horribly under oiling the cylinder I really hope you havnt hurt it! You have to buy an oil plug and put it in the case after you pull the pump. I would pull the head and turn it over and check the cylinder. Sorry to bear down the bad news on you like that but no more driving it until you get the oil plug and premix. I would also sujest getting the treat lands mlm side bleed pipe for the spree it opens it up a bit.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

Do some plug chops and also double check for air leaks after you get rid of the oil injection.
Hollandgriff
Noob
Noob

Post by Hollandgriff »

Would I have to scrap the oil injector? A friend reccomended just adding a cap full of twostroke oil when i fill up
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Extra oil is a Good Idea, but a "fill up" involves different quantities of gasoline depending on how empty the tank is. Might be to little, might be too much. If you keep the pump - and I did on Flash 1 for several months - the oil quantity you want to add is 1 ounce per gallon of fuel, or 1: 128. This will more-or-less mathematically offset the deficit created by a pump set to meter oil for a 50cc feeding 75cc.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH