Spree tire size (motormike apology)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Spree tire size (motormike apology)

Post by eclark5483 »

So in another topic, Jumps suggested to me that I go with 3.75-10 tires on my Spree. Haven't been able to find that size (yet), but then I haven't searched very hard either. But I have found 3.5-10 wheels. What I am wondering though, is about the aspect ratio. The ones I have looked at thus far have an aspect ratio of 100, though I see other sizes in ranges from 60-100. I'm curious if 100 is too high, too low?? I'm assuming this will affect speedometer readings and I am a tad curious about wheel rubbing and what have you.

Just wanna make sure I am getting the tires that will suit me best before I commit to purchasing, thanks.
motormike

Re: Spree tire size aspect ratio debate

Post by motormike »

The size 3.75/10 is BOGUS...Shame on you Mr. Jumps.
Spree will not accept tires larger than 3.00/10...period.
Even those may rub the case and fork tubes.
This info is all over this forum.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I could see the typo from 2.75 to 3.75, especially since I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a 3.75 tire. Lots of Forum members have reported running 2.75s but Mike (Who is apparently auditioning for this Forum's Resident Curmudgeon-in-Chief) ;) is correct that equal numbers have had issues with 3.00s. Still the 2.75 is a quarter-inch upgrade over the stock 2.5s, and the Spree needs all the extra cushioning it can get. The Translation to Euro-peein-ish is an 70/90 tire, which I have yet to find at Motorcycle Superstore. I have bought a few tires there; good prices, no complaints.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

motormike wrote:The size 3.75/10 is BOGUS...Shame on you Mr. Jumps.
Spree will not accept tires larger than 3.00/10...period.
Even those may rub the case and fork tubes.
This info is all over this forum.
I am extremly sorry if i had said 3.75 inestad of 2.75, I will pay for new times if you happened to order 3.75 under my word. I am very sorry. 2.75-10 is what I run and it is perfect. It adds speed and traction to the front end.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Thank you for the clarification. That really had me puzzled, and thinking "seriously, that wide of a tire will fit, that's friggen huge"!
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Im running 2.75x10's front and rear on mine with no problems, definitely worth the upgrade

Mr J's advice is solid, I think I saw the thread where he mentioned 3.75 but realised he'd made a typo ;)
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Wheelman-111 wrote: Motorcycle Superstore
Thanks for the link to exactly what I was looking for, just bought me a set of Kenda K329 2.75-10's. Price was reasonable enough.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Mike (Who is apparently auditioning for this Forum's Resident Curmudgeon-in-Chief) ;) .
It's true that I have become increasingly more crabby.
My health has been steadily decreasing.
I have been sleeping poorly, usually waking up after 3-4 hours, gasping to breathe.
I take breathing treatments via nebulizer to keep my lungs from shutting down.
As this decline in life-giving oxygen intake is making me more irritable and less tolerant.
Most offensive is the decline of the respect to the English language and grammar that was considered most important during my up-bringing and education.
It hurts to read the "train-wreck" writings of this generation that is void of punctuation, capitalization, and continuity.
I apologize to those of you who are at the receipt of my wrath and curmudgeonry.
I am here as a result of a love of motorbikes, and finding this forum when I needed to be guided through some developing interest in scooters.
In the future, I shall resist the urge to be short and snarky... as I have been lately.
For those of you who remember Bear 45-70, I vow to never follow in his steps of vulgarity and name-calling.
I assure you that my earnest wish is to maintain a resource for scooter enthusiasts that is friendly, thorough, and helpful.
I could have sent this to Wheelman-111 in a personal message, but it is good that all members see this and gain some insight to the reasons behind my actions... :urban:

RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Wheelman-111

Re: Spree tire size (motormike apology)

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Mike O' the Motor is a stand-up guy. Good on you for facing the heat, gentle though it was intended.
I deeply regret your health struggles and hope you have a good Pulmonologist.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

im running 3.0 white walls on a stock spree. they are tight but they will fit with some rear fender modifications.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

hi Mike sorry to hear about your health. I have a family member going through similar.. it's not easy
I try to write legible sentences. coming from a different Walk of Life, education was second , survival with first. Just call me lucky.
now that I'm older and Out of He'll hole. I tried to focus on positive things. Family, and mopeds.
Motorbikes and mopeds are a way of life that I enjoy. This forum brings that way of life to a community.
Expressing Ones feelings is part of that community.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Gearhart wrote:im running 3.0 white walls on a stock spree. they are tight but they will fit with some rear fender modifications.
I wanna see pictures of this and clearance pictures up front...
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
breaze
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by breaze »

Greetings all, I don't post very often anymore but wanted to chime in on MM's apology. For anyone who is a regular forum visitor, no apology is necessary - MM has shown himself to be honest, helpful, and generous (as well as grammatically correct). Hope you feel better - anyone who names his rides can't be all bad.

The forum needs a little curmudgeonry, bring it on. What can I say, I was a Bear fan.
'72 CT90
'73 CT90
'74 CT90