Getting back in the Sa50 game

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

rowe94
Goped
Goped

Getting back in the Sa50 game

Post by rowe94 »

I bought a couple scoots end of last year and i had 2 2001 elites in there but only one body panel. I sold one of the engines to a buddy for a spree swap the other one I havnt had time to touch till now. I tore it apart to check the compression and I have 60lbs of compression... not going to get the scoot going anywhere soon. I cleaned the carb and found out that it has a 88 main jet... Im thinking thats more then i will need. I have a V8 pipe that will be going on the bike as well as a MVS ported stock bore that will be going on the bike and a set of 9.1 gears. I am hoping to keep the stock carb and just jet it. I am wondering where should I start for jetting?

I also need to buy myself a CHT gauge. and a Vari. not looking to spend a ton just trying and getting a scoot for friends to use when they come and visit.
Wheelman-111

Re: Getting back in the Sa50 game

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

F9 is 72cc and likes 90 main on stock pipe. Maybe 88 for yours will be Ok, but the V8 pipe is another variable.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH