Leak at same location on 86 NQ50s

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Leaky86NQ50
Noob
Noob

Leak at same location on 86 NQ50s

Post by Leaky86NQ50 »

Decided to get my two 1986 Honda spree scooters running as a summer project. Started by disassembling the carb, fuel tank and oil tank and cleaning them thoroughly. From there I put them back together and added fresh gas and two stroke. But it wasn't that simple as neither would start. From there I consulted the service Manuel and ran through the diagnostics to get it running and have gotten up to the third step; compression. I rented a gauge and got 68 psi on one and the other was a kick star so I am uncertain on how to get a proper reading. So on the non kick start I took apart the cylinder and saw the that the gasket between the rest of the crankcase and the cylinder was nonexistent. So I cut one out of cork and put it all back together. Now I try the compression again and I'm getting 35 psi. So I let it sit for the night and then come back next morning to see a small pool of oil on the non kick start and a huge pool of oil on the kick start. Both in the same place on the crankcase. bottom most right screw if looking at it from the left the scooter. I have a picture if anyone wants me to email them it. But I am at a loss here and am unsure where to go. Could it be a gaske? Or perhaps a crankcase crack? these were rode pretty hard on backwoods ATV trails 5-6 year ago and havent seen much attention since. Thanks in advance for any help.