First time buying new tires for Honda Spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Littlesprite
BMX
BMX

First time buying new tires for Honda Spree

Post by Littlesprite »

I'm getting new tires for my Spree and wanted to know what tires any if you use and if you put them on yourself or take them to someone to do it. And I know they need tubes as well, so the same questions goes for the tubes as well.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: First time buying new tires for Honda Spree

Post by MrJumps »

Sedona 2.75x10 innertubes and kenda 2.75x10 tires front and back. Their the largest you can go unless someone has done 3.00x10 on the rear but that would probably be sketchy for the stock rim. Ive been on 2.75 on the front for a while and I love it. If your cheap and dont want to spend the cash its not to hard to do in the garage. Lots of baby powder or soapy water. I used lock cutters on the old tires and bands in the. And straight cut the tire and tube off the rim and then fought to put the new ones on. I always sratch the rim up so if you wanna repaint, when its bare rim sand it really good, bead the new tire on, and ride around on it make sure its good, take the whole wheel off and use flash cards, tape and plastic and mask the wheel off and paint it to your liking. I never balnaced my tires when my spree was stock but since my spreedio swap im gonna be going over the 35mph stock limit for the bike by a lot so I went to a local shop and got some wheel balancers and balenced the tire at home. Not to hard you just need to very level surfaces and a extra rod for the tire to sit on.

Also while you have the front end off check the bearings for play and if they are seized and the rear breaks for exsessive wear. Both seem to be essesive on bikes that have sat for a while.

Kenda is my prefered brand because its cheap and decent quality. But pick your poison the s1s are pretty nice for the curves and the stock stype probably do good in the rain.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I just use 2-3 flathead screwdrivers and muscle them on and off. Being careful not to puncture the tubes in the process. Not worth paying someone for something that easy.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

make sure the inside of the wheels are completely clean and rust free before you put the tires and tubes on. Wire brush the insides of the wheels wash with soapy water and dry with a hair drier. paint the insides and let the paint dry for about a day before you mount the tires. The tires will go on slick as snot if you use lots of soapy water if you do that. Rusty wheels and you will be there for hours trying to install the tires no matter how much soap you use. I recommend new tubes if these are the first new tires especially if the insides of th e wheels are rusty. As soon as you disturb the tube and the rust together you can have pinholes all over the place
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Yeah uh... I figured that out this week the rust is a very bad thing. Get rid of it.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship: