1984 Honda Aero125 Project

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

thegammaghost
Noob
Noob

1984 Honda Aero125 Project

Post by thegammaghost »

Hi, i recently got a 1984 honda aero 125. i got it runing well, then the next morning i go to start it and nothing. i have spark, getting fuel and have compression, but im pretty sure im getting to much fuel. the bystarter is completely broken off, and is just a hole. i can get it to run sometimes, i usually have to plug the choke hole with my finger to get it to start up, and when i do it idles rough, and eventually slows down and dies. sometimes i can get it to idle decent, then i go for a 200 foot ride, with good acceleration, and it feels great. but then after 200 ft or so it bogs down and wont idle and dies. reason i think its a fuel issue is because when its idling bad, if i unscrew the float bowl and drain out the gas, it begins to run/idle better and faster. could it be related to the float?

im wondering if anyone knows a completely compatible/ including the throttle cable being compatible, carb i could buy to replace the stock one. i know the intake side bolts are 48mm apart, and the hole is 22mm.

i have a carb that will bolt up, but the throttle slide doesnt go all the way down into the carb, i need to cut a small piece of the plastic on the cable so the cable goes down further i think ( if that will work please let me know)

would love any suggestions on getting it running good again. im not even 100% sure its the carb. thanks!
motormike

Re: 1984 Honda Aero125 Project

Post by motormike »

With the bystarter removed, the enrichment circuit is continuously dumping too much fuel into the carb...of course, it will be running way too rich and cause poor idle, plug fouling, and dying.
Create an ad on this board under "Wanted / for Sale" column seeking the bystarter or OEM carburetor to replace yours.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
motormike

Re: 1984 Honda Aero125 Project

Post by motormike »

Local friend and Aero 125 owner is running Mikuni carb and is willing to sell the OEM carb complete with bystarter for $40 shipped. Are you interested?
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"