Honda spree 48mm WONT RUN

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Nortolano
Noob
Noob

Honda spree 48mm WONT RUN

Post by Nortolano »

I have an 86 Honda spree with a 48mm bbk. I started the break-in and it seemed to be running rich due to me adding too much oil in the gas tank as well as using the oil pump. I did three heat cycles and took it around the block, of which when I returned it bogged out as I got there. I CHECKED and tried EVERYTHING I knew, cleaned carb, checked for seizing and scratches on cylinder/piston, and made sure I had spark. I emptied the gas from the tank and put in 91 with the ratio tazland suggests for the setup. Now initially it was running on the stock unmodified air box. After all this, I tried tazs suggestion for drilling holes in the top of the lid, still nothing. At this point I'm lost because it seems to have compression, spark, and fuel. The plug is wet and not charred. I have no idea what to try now so ANY suggestion is helpful. Thank you for your time! Please help me!!
I also reopened the base gasket where it covers the boost port and still nothing.
The petcock is brand new, and the fuel/vac lines aren't cracked or broken.
Plllleeeeeeaaaseee help this d*** things driving me crazy:(
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: Honda spree 48mm WONT RUN

Post by Jonadz »

Did you swap the main jet with the one provided with Tazs kit?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

If you do get it started again, be sure to have a temperature gauge installed so you can shut it down before it seizes should it get to 400 degrees.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Also you said too much oil, how much is to much? What was your mix ratio? Did you face the "ex" on the piston the right way? Need to check compression as well. Oreily auto parts has a Bosch on sale right now and is the best gauge I've used yet and at $35 it's a no brainier!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Follow this, read EVERY page. It covers high end setup all the way down to your configuration (I think starting on page 3). Follow it to a T, you should get good results:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34005