Honda spree (nifty 50) mini cub project

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

korbs42
Noob
Noob

Honda spree (nifty 50) mini cub project

Post by korbs42 »

Hi everyone, a carb question for you all

I'm working on a rebuild currently (it was running however the old tank blew some rust through the newly cleaned carb, so have had to strip back and clean it all out).

I've attached a before (when i got it, not running, super junkish, everythign was broken) and after pic from this avo's touch up.

Ive noticed a lot of pictures on the site where people have dropped an alternative carburetor with (what looks like) a manual choke? In order to do it though, it appears people have a different intake that will fit a standard carb size (the spree's carb is an odd size that doesnt seem to match anything else i can source)

Does anyone know where to get those intakes? Thanks!
Attachments
After, new paint, rebuilt engine, scrubbed cleaned blasted and re-engine-painted.
After, new paint, rebuilt engine, scrubbed cleaned blasted and re-engine-painted.
after.jpg (160 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Before picture
Before picture
before.jpg (50.28 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda spree (nifty 50) mini cub project

Post by eclark5483 »

You can't get the intake (yet). But you can get an adapter that will allow you to install an aftermarket carb like a Polini or Mikuni. Just make sure if you swap to a different carb, that you also buy new throttle cables.

https://scooterswapshop.com/collections ... rb-adapter
korbs42
Noob
Noob

Re: Honda spree (nifty 50) mini cub project

Post by korbs42 »

Ah thats what i need - alas im downunder in the land of OZ so there's no shipping options :(

What i might do is try and mock one up with some steel and the welder - convinced my running problems are a combination of the original carb (have cleaned it several times, cleared the jets, but that auto bystarter was broken and the aftermarket one im convinced is not doing its job right) a manual choke will give me a bit more control in that department

Shes on her last warning :) Have so far replaced the piston, rings, gaskets, spark plug, ignition and cdi, petcock, fuel hoses, filters etc - practically a new engine, and its gone from running extremely poorly (round the 12mph mark) last week to refusing to start this week.

Next step will be grabbing the welder, and changing to the 50cc cvt engine i have off another project.