AF05E Ramp Plate Thrust Washer?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

cancunia
Spree
Spree

AF05E Ramp Plate Thrust Washer?

Post by cancunia »

I've been looking in the NB50 Manual (closest I could find to my '85 UK Vision) and noticed that there's a thrust washer shown between the ramp plate and the crank shaft. I'm fairly certain that my engine didn't have one when I took the variator off, and am certain that there's not one now.
Just wondered if anyone has an AF05E without a thrust washer as standard, or if it's maybe something special that the NB50 has?
It did seem odd to me that there was no thrust washer, but didn't think very much about it until now. I read somewhere else about adding spacers behind the ramp plate to make up for longer belts, but my belt is tight enough even though it's a bit longer than standard afaik.

Thanks
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: AF05E Ramp Plate Thrust Washer?

Post by Meatball »

In the 4 SE50's and 2 SA50's that Ive dug into (all have AF05's) not a single one had a thrust washer. The ramp plate is naked up against the step of the crankshaft. One scoot (only had 700mi) was bought from the original owner who had never had the belt cover off so I know I was the first one to ever pull the vari off.....I have no idea about UK Vision tho.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
cancunia
Spree
Spree

Re: AF05E Ramp Plate Thrust Washer?

Post by cancunia »

Thanks Meatball,

On that basis I guess my UK AF05 is probably the same as your AF05's. Next time I have the covers off I'll check for slack between the variator boss and the drive plate. For now I'll leave it all in place as it's almost certainly been that way for quite a few years now.