1986 honda spree exhaust replacement aftermarket

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Princepioneer
Noob
Noob

1986 honda spree exhaust replacement aftermarket

Post by Princepioneer »

hello everyone, i do need an exhaust. however I'm not looking to buy one. but was wondering if anyone knows of a fair price for an after market exhaust that would fit this scooter.
thanks!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 1986 honda spree exhaust replacement aftermarket

Post by eclark5483 »

$30 would be my top dollar on a used one. Don't get suckered into spending more. Consider BBQING your current muffler.
Princepioneer
Noob
Noob

Post by Princepioneer »

yeah i don't want to pay a whole lot of money on a used one. and the one i got on it is broken right off the piece where the bolts connect to engine. not much room. i thought about using the muffler and tail piece sealer the red one. I'm just not sure it will hold.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I have a Spree exhaust if youre in the market for one. Today only for a low low price of $30 (thx, eclark) plus $10 shipping.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Probably the best deal you will get for an OEM ^^... :wink:
Aftermarket pipes for Spree are not plentiful at any price, and
VERY limited in choice. Price for a used aftermarket MLM,? IDK.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Just so theres no misunderstandings, the exhaust I am offering is a STOCK Spree exhaust. The only "aftermarket" exhaust for the Spree available is the MLM and its over $200.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Myself, I'd rather price what I have to offer somewhere between 1/2 of what it would cost on eBay and profitable enough to part with. I can sympathize very easily to those who need to hunt down Spree parts. But on the other hand, sometimes the parts aren't so easy to find.

Doesn't mean I want to profit off them, it just means I might need them. A muffler is one of those parts where they are pretty common to find on broken down Sprees. Take note there are differences between the 84-85 muffler, and the 86-87 muffler.

Mainly cosmetic, but there has been no research as far as I know as to performance differences.

What you want to look for, and is quite common, is one that is unrestricted.

Unless your stock muffler is broken or damaged, it will really be the best muffler for your bike though there may be room for improvement.

I understand you said yours is broken, which is fine, but for future reference. On a stock muffler, to keep it in good shape.. throw some charcoal on the BBQ grill, , put the rack on, then place the muffler on the rack... light that sucker... and let it cook till the coals cool down. Blow it out with a can of air after it has cooled, repaint it with some VHT paint, and it will be good as new. So much money is needlessly wasted on mufflers for the Spree, when all of them probably need just a bit of cleaning and Bar-B-Q'ing.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Cheapest one on Ebay is $59.99 and others are $74.99 and $95......theres one for $39.99 but the header pipe has been cut off of it....Id have to say my offer of $30 plus $10 shipping was pretty fair. Not to mention its already been BBQ'd and painted. Also, I know d@mn well the shipping will cost me more than $10.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I got a nice OEM one. 50 $ haha
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Post by kevinv710 »

i can take off one from this parting out guy for $60, no bbq-ing needed, how about that?...hahah.......ooops, he was asking for aftermaket one's price....Sorry, my bad...