Where is my compression going?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Where is my compression going?

Post by eclark5483 »

Agreed, more info would help. And always remember, a Spree should be a Spree, never try modifying it different then what Honda had intended unless you know what you are getting yourself into. Always run it with the air box and oil pump, always use properly oiled Honda air filters, always use the proper plug with a proper gap. I know these things might sound so basic and so silly that you might even be going "DUH, I know that", but when it comes to the Spree, those little details will make a difference.
Energizerspree
Noob
Noob

Re: Where is my compression going?

Post by Energizerspree »

sorry for going mia, i work 12 hour night shift and until i have a day off i just sleep and work.
as for specifics i have a new oiled filter, properly gapped spark plug, stock exhaust and stock carb. since ive switched the gas i have gotten a couple pops out of it but barely, and it of course hasnt sustained an idle yet. I think if i can just get it running once i can dial in the carb a little and it will run again. could it possibly help if i put a heat gun to the cylinder for a bit and kinda warm it up?