A big thank you and two last questions!!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

petrup93
BMX
BMX

A big thank you and two last questions!!

Post by petrup93 »

First I've finally been able to get my spree to run consistent for short bouts. I haven't put any of the plastics on yet and i heard that not putting on the fan shroud and cylinder topper are asking it to soft seize ..... ive been trying to not run it to long. But there is a lot of smoke coming from the top end area after short rides under 2 minutes..is this because the plastics or some other reason? or is it normal?

Second question...On the another spree i had got running fine i was running a premix along with the stock pump on just a regular new cylinder as i thought it was needed. :newb: I was later informed by eclark this is not the case and can really get your sh*t burnin. My sh*t burned alright i cooked the new cylinder, jug, and rings. It left a 1/8 inch mark on the cylinder and where it smeared over the rings they were stuck on! The question from all of this is; Was it the over oiling thus elminating the cooling factor the gasoline brings that caused this or something else? I would just like to check before i put a new top end on and cook that one two..

Third a huge thank you to meatball and eclark! You guys were able to set straight on many issues while fixing up my three honda sprees!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: A big thank you and two last questions!!

Post by eclark5483 »

Yes, too much oil will start to aerate making tiny foam bubbles, which gives improper lubrication and even blow by and with no gas to cool, you overheat real fast and of course, sieze.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Your 2T should smoke while cold but once warmed up, the pipe should run fairly clear. As for the smoke on the top end, not too sure on that one. At work ATM so can't elaborate much.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

petrup93 wrote:there is a lot of smoke coming from the top end area after short rides under 2 minutes
Im not sure what you mean by "a lot of smoke" but I know after running a fresh built motor it smokes a bit from burning off the greasy fingerprints. If its more than that, dont run it anymore until its diagnosed. These motors will internally meltdown without as much as a puff of smoke so be warned. There should be nowhere for smoke to escape from without a blown seal/gasket somewhere....or a cracked block/head. :shock:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.