Needle comparison help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Needle comparison help

Post by Jonadz »

Does anyone here have a stock spree needle (five clips) and a stock af16r needle that could take side by side pics of for me? I've got a hanging idle that got better by swapping a stock spree needle into my af16e. The carb I have for the af16 I'm guessing was molested at some point in time because it has the 3 clip system not usually found in genuine Honda from my experience. Trying to get an idea of just how much taper this carb needle should and or doesn't have. Thanks in advance!
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Needle comparison help

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Not sure if looking at them will be much help. Unless it's an completely different needle. I ran into an issue a while ago now and actually had many different needles side by side that I knew were with 100% certainty were different and visually was hard to tell. Even tried measuring and sizing them and ended up just buying a new carb as that was the easiest most certain way to get things right. Not saying it's not possible to determine size I just didn't have the patience or time or skill required. Good luck
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: Needle comparison help

Post by Jonadz »

Very true, I could clearly see a taper difference between the two I had but that could have just been shear luck of the draw for that specific case! Just trying to get this thing running good enough for now until I can place my big ol order including a polini carb from swap shop. After that I couldn't care less about this dang carb!