Problem with Relined Clutch on 86' Spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jerz40
Elite
Elite

Problem with Relined Clutch on 86' Spree

Post by jerz40 »

Guys I'm having a problem like never before with one of these relined clutches. I got an 86" with 25k miles on it, when I drove her around and come to a stop, that's when you really felt it slipping bad. So I figured I would take the clutch off and send it to Flint to the guy that relines them since everyone's had such good luck with doing that.

So I get the clutch back, and they did an amazing job. I reinstall it WITH a brand new replacement belt for the spree from Honda. Got it all together and I fired her up, well, it is now super slow at take off and when it starts its really quiet. When your driving it you can feel something kinda "jumping" and it takes forever before it finally gets up and goes.

I was told to send the clutch back, which I did, they reviewed it over again and I reinstalled it again only to have the same problem. So right now were really stumped about this. And I know these sprees like the back of my hand. :|
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: Problem with Relined Clutch on 86' Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Dumb question but have you tried putting your old belt back on and giving it a test run? Only reason I ask is I bought a new packaged oe belt for my original spree rebuild and compared to the other 4 very used belts I had it was horrible. Had similar symptoms. Don't know if it has something wrong maybe soaked into it or what. Long story short I trashed it and went back to my used belt.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Re: Problem with Relined Clutch on 86' Spree

Post by jerz40 »

Jonadz wrote:Dumb question but have you tried putting your old belt back on and giving it a test run? Only reason I ask is I bought a new packaged oe belt for my original spree rebuild and compared to the other 4 very used belts I had it was horrible. Had similar symptoms. Don't know if it has something wrong maybe soaked into it or what. Long story short I trashed it and went back to my used belt.
I had that very same thought!! :o I'll be checking into this one right away, thanks for your input!