Spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Re: Spree

Post by Honda Spree Guy »

I wish I could show you guys a picture, but it says file is to big. I have no idea how to show the picture.
But I did get it from taz, cause I got my 48bbk from him at the same time. I even message him and wanted to know if I was tripping, and he told me it was indeed a 21mm carb.
Now my comp tester is new and it worked b4 I rebuilted the engine and i got the 15*81 Upgrade gear set from him as Well.
Ridin dirty on a 85 spree
Putting on miles on my spree
Solo me and my spree
Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Post by Honda Spree Guy »

Ok, I won't post on here then. Cause it's the only bike i got and I'm just want to get it running.
Sorry yall...
Ridin dirty on a 85 spree
Putting on miles on my spree
Solo me and my spree
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

The 21mm he sold, but not the 24 (as far as I know, but I may be wrong). You have a 21mm kit, even so. This was sold before testing, trust me on this, you want a smaller carb. The 21mm is just too much carb for it. Sell it and get a 17 or 18mm. I used to run the 21mm on mine, in fact, all the dyno videos I posted with the Polini were using the 21mm. I switched mine to a 17mm Polini and right away I noticed the difference. My off the line went from unbearable flintstone takeoffs, to good enough to launch with a 300+lb guy on it without using extra feet to get going. Acceleration was much improved as well.

But anyways, if you are having trouble posting images, then use this site

https://postimages.org/
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

As for the bike not starting, not sure for now, but I can tell you on mine, I need to engage the manual choke when it is cold otherwise mine simply will not start. Once it is warmed up, I can start it without the choke. When I was first tuning with the 21mm, I had a heck of a time getting it to start either with or without the choke. Tried different pilot sizes even, which helped some, but in the end, the switch to the 17mm Polini fixed the problem. I'm running a #34 pilot currently, might bump that up to a #36 just to see how it runs.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Honda Spree Guy wrote:Ok, I won't post on here then. Cause it's the only bike i got and I'm just want to get it running.
Sorry yall...
motormike wrote:
Honda Spree Guy wrote: Thought I knew almost everything about sprees, but apparently I don't.
What are some good sites to look up.

You are currently on the best dang website for Spree, bar none, I tell you what... :wink:
Slow your roll and let the guys here help you find your way... :urban:

I have combined your first two threads into one.
Both were titled "Spree"...and that is so confusing and ineffective.
Be specific when titling threads...and please refrain from starting thread after thread after thread about the same bike.

I am sorry you assumed an attitude...but since you are a newb here, I was trying to HELP YOU get started with GOOD PRACTICES when creating threads. You seem to have mis-understood my direction...I am only trying to help. ... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"