Spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Spree

Post by Honda Spree Guy »

I found nos and it says I can mount it to my spree, is this a good idea todo. :peace:
Ridin dirty on a 85 spree
Putting on miles on my spree
Solo me and my spree
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree

Post by eclark5483 »

Whatever trips your trigger. Guess if I was gonna do it, I'd at least make sure I have extra gaskets. Wouldn't expect much of it, would only try it with low gears for the alleged thrill. Kind of a waste unless you're bored and wanna show off.. What you'd be showing off doing it on a Spree, will forever be a mystery.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Guess I'd also want a tach as well. I'd probably trigger the gas at around 4500-5k, then release around 6700-7k. Past that, you are wasting the NOS past the power band.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

The only NOS Id ever use on a Spree...
Attachments
NOS.jpg
NOS.jpg (28.95 KiB) Viewed 9570 times
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Thanks guys. I won't be getting that then.
Solo me and my spree
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Spree

My other issue is, whenever I start my spree it turns over but won't start up. What will be the problem. New spark plug, cdi,everything is new on it. Plse help. :newb:
Solo me and my spree
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Honda Spree Guy wrote: it turns over but won't start up. What will be the problem.
Its impossible to diagnose your problem without more information. To run properly your Spree needs Fuel, Spark and Air. Too much or too little of any of those would render it inoperable. Narrowing it down a bit would help us help you.

In a previous post, you stated that you "rebuilt the engine"....what did you do? What "new CDI" did you install? What coil? What sparkplug and gap? What airbox/filter do you have? Whats your compression? What voltage is it producing? How old is the fuel? Have you cleaned the carburetor? Checked the reeds? Is the exhaust flow restricted with carbon? Is the exhaust connection sealed properly with a new gasket?....seriously, this questioning could go on forever.
Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

What all i got new:
CDI Racing one of those from China came with a ignition coil as well that's Orange, turn signal relay, regulator/rectifier,spark plug(NGK).020 .5 starting spot,compression test(won't read), 21mm carburetor, new fuel.
What's Reed?
What's voltage are you talking about?
Old exhaust but new exhaust gasket
What's that about carbon in the exhaust?
Solo me and my spree
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Theres so many things I dont know where to begin.... :roll:

The China Orange "racing" CDI is junk. When it costs $5, what did you THINK you were getting??? Something good? Get an OEM one.

21mm carb is WAY too big. Im guessing its a China junk item as well. Get an OEM one.

"spark plug(NGK).020 .5 starting spot"....<<< what does this even mean??

"compression test(won't read)"....what does this even mean?? Is the compression so low it wont give a reading on your tester? Is your tester broken? :?

"What's Reed?
What's voltage are you talking about?
What's that about carbon in the exhaust?".....Brother, you need to read up on all these. Put the wrench down, do some research on what it is you have and how they work.
Honda Spree Guy
Noob
Noob

Ok wrong size of carb, it's a YSN 24 PWK carb FROM chop chop on ebay. As for the cdi, I still got my old one. My spark pug gap is 0.02.
My compression is low where it won't read,and my compressor tester is brand new.

Guess I need to look around on the net and look up sprees a little more. Thought I knew almost everything about sprees, but apparently I don't. Wht are some good sites to look up.
Solo me and my spree
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Taz sold a 24mm PWK for a Spree? I'm highly doubting that. You need at least 100 compression for it to even start. Can you take a photo (or 2) of your setup? It sounds all wonky. And so you know, the largest carb you should be using on a Spree is no more then 18mm. You need a smaller one to have optimal vacuum through the venturi. Also, because the AF05 block, can't handle any more then that, even with the best intake.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Honda Spree Guy wrote: Thought I knew almost everything about sprees, but apparently I don't.
What are some good sites to look up.

You are currently on the best dang website for Spree, bar none, I tell you what... :wink:
Slow your roll and let the guys here help you find your way... :urban:

I have combined your first two threads into one.
Both were titled "Spree"...and that is so confusing and ineffective.
Be specific when titling threads...and please refrain from starting thread after thread after thread about the same bike.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Honda Spree Guy wrote:My compression is low where it won't read,and my compressor tester is brand new.
Without compression, you are going nowhere. This should be the first problem you rectify. Head gasket or rings/bore would be where Id look. Make sure youre getting a positive seal when installing the compression tester. Also be sure youre using a COMPRESSION tester...not a LEAK-DOWN gauge.
motormike

Post by motormike »

There are several steps to getting a good reading when checking compression on these single cylinder two-stroke engines. One I will mention is to spin engine over while holding throttle wide open. Some people report having problems getting a gauge that will read accurately.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"