Input On Parts

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: Input On Parts

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I beg to differ with the Corsa is Best crowd. I've owned both, and there's no doubt that the Corsa has more power and greater top speed potential, but all that high-revvin' friskiness comes at a cost. It's All Drama, All the Time, with the Corsa. To get the most out of it, you'll need a pipe that screams in harmony with the Corsa's 10K+ RPM powerband. That means LOUD! Screaming from stop sign to stop sign in the Deepinnaharta Country Club is a head-turning, noisy affair.

Meanwhile, the Contesta makes good torque as low as 5000RPM. It politely purrs away from the stops, pulling decently if not with the neck-snapping immediacy of a Corsa with a clutch set to engage at 8K. It's fast enough for me - the Corsa would suck fuel down too quickly on the highway anyway - and will make 55 even with a stock carb and pipe. (See Flash9) So it depends on where and how you intend to ride whether the Contesta or the Corsa is the right pick. If you're already committed to an intake and Polini carb, then maybe the Corsa is the better choice, but be prepared for some uh... Attention.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Input On Parts

Post by ped »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I beg to differ with the Corsa is Best crowd. I've owned both, and there's no doubt that the Corsa has more power and greater top speed potential, but all that high-revvin' friskiness comes at a cost. It's All Drama, All the Time, with the Corsa. To get the most out of it, you'll need a pipe that screams in harmony with the Corsa's 10K+ RPM powerband. That means LOUD! Screaming from stop sign to stop sign in the Deepinnaharta Country Club is a head-turning, noisy affair.

Meanwhile, the Contesta makes good torque as low as 5000RPM. It politely purrs away from the stops, pulling decently if not with the neck-snapping immediacy of a Corsa with a clutch set to engage at 8K. It's fast enough for me - the Corsa would suck fuel down too quickly on the highway anyway - and will make 55 even with a stock carb and pipe. (See Flash9) So it depends on where and how you intend to ride whether the Contesta or the Corsa is the right pick. If you're already committed to an intake and Polini carb, then maybe the Corsa is the better choice, but be prepared for some uh... Attention.
Great advice .
I Like my corsa. and with a stock pipe, stock carb, its quiet. good speed too 60+ mph. :coolcruise:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ