Help Finding Jets For This carb Please

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Help Finding Jets For This carb Please

Post by Drifter562 »

I bought a carb off of eBay. PB Series carb but I can't to seem to find jets. I'm starting to think it's a clone any ideas guys?

Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Re: Help Finding Jets For This carb Please

Post by Drifter562 »

in the first pic the bottom jet is an 85 and the top jet is a 38

they both look like pilot jets but I'm assuming the bigger one numbered 85 is the main jet. looked online everywhere for a similar jet but can't find one.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Have you tried: http://www.jetsrus.com/
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Pull the main jet out of the emulsion tube for a better look at it. Toss a caliper gauge on it for length and width. Do the same with the pilot and post numbers. I can check the jets I have for a match.

Also, it would be helpful if you had information as to what bike the carb came off of or originally intended for.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Seanim
Noob
Noob

Post by Seanim »

Actually idk if it's original or not but i'd give it a go.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

I've got a Keihin PB on my AF18 Dio and looked into this about a year ago. At the the time all of the oversize pilots(stock #35)were able to be ordered from Honda Japan up to #45 from memory?
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

Meatball wrote:Pull the main jet out of the emulsion tube for a better look at it. Toss a caliper gauge on it for length and width. Do the same with the pilot and post numbers. I can check the jets I have for a match.

Also, it would be helpful if you had information as to what bike the carb came off of or originally intended for.
Thanks Meatball.
Didn't realize the main was screwed into the emulsion tube like that. Unfortunately I do not have calipers but will get some.

Regarding your second question the carb didn't come off any bike. To me it appears its a certified reproduction of a PB 16, PB 17, PB 18 or PB 19. Things definitely bigger than stock. Its basically huge and heavy. Even the mounting holes are spaced farther apart so it does not fit stock Af05e or Af16 manifold. So I'm in the process of searching for an intake cause its basically useless to me Any leads meatball?
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

Ultraliner wrote:I've got a Keihin PB on my AF18 Dio and looked into this about a year ago. At the the time all of the oversize pilots(stock #35)were able to be ordered from Honda Japan up to #45 from memory?
Thanks for the info Ultraliner. Does your PB carb fit stock bikes?
Mines wont fit my stock manifold. Any leads Ultraliner?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Did you purchase that from *scooterspark*? That looks to be a legitimate Keihin carburetor. It fits on an sk50 dio or aero nh80 intake which have wider spaced mounting bolts. The sk50 dio uses the same pb carb and the same jets also.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

bonesv wrote:It fits on an sk50 dio or aero nh80 intake which have wider spaced mounting bolts. The sk50 dio uses the same pb carb and the same jets also.
What Bones said my friend, my scoot is a 1999 SK50 Dio running an AF18E and these run the Keihin PB in stock form.

You could potentially take a look at www.scooterswapshop.com and see if he has anything that will accept the PB mounting?

I'll have a dig and see if I have the pilot jet part numbers written down somewhere too ;)
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

It's funny how we are all looking for the same thing at the same time. So I have been looking for pilot jets for my setup for ages.
Honda Dio ZX, AF18e, JDM ZX carb. I took the jets out and measured them and these jets match.

PILOT SLOW JET, my one currently has a stock #38 in it. But I think the standard non ZX is #35?

http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbur ... 27-xxx.htm

Here are the main jets:

http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_scoote ... 0_SK50.htm

If you're in New Zealand you can buy the main jets from a company called Scootling.
http://www.scootling.co.nz/onlineshop/4 ... -type.html

BEFORE you purchase any jets I would remove them and check all of the measurements and read the jet diameter/number on the side.
Honda AF28 Dio ZX - Malossi 72cc
Honda DJ1R project
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Honda PB50 slow jet part numbers are on the wiki at this link, scroll to bottom of the pageWiki Link

It's been a long time since I've looked, but Honda may still have some sized.
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

Further to my post, if you're in New Zealand then this website sells pilot jets.

http://motozone.nz/keihin-1063-pilot-jet-keyster

I've only just found this after putting an order in with JetsRus BUT the local place doesn't stock #42 and the price works out about the same so its all good.
Honda AF28 Dio ZX - Malossi 72cc
Honda DJ1R project