Honda Elite SA50 1997

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

wesrb785
Goped
Goped

Honda Elite SA50 1997

Post by wesrb785 »

Okay so I've had this scoot for a while now. I've actually been working on it for the past two months. Don't have any prior experience so this has been absolute *. I knew it was a fixer upper when I bought it and I was okay with that, as I wanted to learn more about all this. So the first thing that was wrong was that there was a hole in the carburetor. I patched that, but I'm still getting like a leak kind of like almost just resonating and compensating out of it though because there are no holes in it because I patched the only one. So I checked the fuel lines and I found that the fuel is coming out of the wrong outlet on the fuel filter from the tank it's coming out of the vacuum outlet, and there is nothing coming out of the fuel outlet. I have no clue how to fix that any ideas? I don't think there is anything else wrong with the carburetor other than the bystander deal. I don't have a battery and I am just using kick to try to start it. I'm pretty sure I'm getting spark as I tested the new plug I got earlier. Someone please help. Also most of the electric components have been cut, as the person I bought it from lost the key, but I later found the key in the gas tank when I was cleaning it. byways someone help please, I can't figure out what exactly is wrong.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda Elite SA50 1997

Post by Meatball »

Too many issues here...Start by fixing everything you listed...Petcock, battery, wiring, bystarter, etc....then try to start it.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
wesrb785
Goped
Goped

Post by wesrb785 »

Meatball wrote:Too many issues here...Start by fixing everything you listed...Petcock, battery, wiring, bystarter, etc....then try to start it.
Yes but any idea how to fix the Auto fuel valve? Since the vacuum out is giving out gas and not the fuel out.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

wesrb785 wrote: the vacuum out is giving out gas and not the fuel out.
The fuel out is on top, vac on on bottom. Are you sure you dont have them mixed up?

If what you say is true and fuel flows from the lower vac port...your petcock valve is cooked. They are sealed units and cannot be serviced. There is no "repair"...only "replace".
wesrb785
Goped
Goped

Post by wesrb785 »

Yes the fuel out is on top the vac is leaking. I found an article last night saying I could cover the vacuum with a rubber stop and just have to turn off the gas everytime I turn off the bike
wesrb785
Goped
Goped

Post by wesrb785 »

For a temporary solution anyway
wesrb785
Goped
Goped

Post by wesrb785 »

Okay so I bout a New Fuel Petcock Valve and I have a battery arriving soon (in a day or two). I've been using kick to try and start it, anyway I have exciting news before the fuel valve came in I got it to start up. I had old gas in the carb and put a new spark plug cap and wire on it. It started in 3 kicks. It ran for about a minute and then it shut off probable because it ran out of gas in the carb. I got the fuel valve in Saturday, and put it on Sunday, however it didn't start (it almost did) because my throttle locked up so I took the part where the throttle connects to the carb and engine and took it apart. I don't know how to put it back together now though, i think I'm missing a spring, I'm gonna try tomorrow and see if i can put it back together with a spring I found at my house. I also have to find a cheap spark plug wire because mine somehow i think broke/ crapped out. I tested and it didn't show anything. So I got to find a cheap one, but they're literally $21.99 at Napa. Anyways any suggestions on what to do when I do get it running? I also need to find a front fender, but my local scrapyard doesn't have one.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

wesrb785 wrote: I also need to find a front fender, but my local scrapyard doesn't have one.
What fender are you talking about? pics please.

wesrb785 wrote: Anyways any suggestions on what to do when I do get it running?
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!
wesrb785 wrote: I also have to find a cheap spark plug wire .
I may have one...lemmie dig for it.
wesrb785
Goped
Goped

Post by wesrb785 »

[/quote]
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!![/quote]
lmao

Anyways the plastic fender I'm talking about is the one at very the front of the bike http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-elite-50- ... 2a8e9ed435
this is basically what i need but i'd like to buy local and/or cheap. The only plastics that came with the bike was the one right behind the handle bars and the one where you put your feet