A little help?.WOT stumble

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jgriffin187
BMX
BMX

A little help?.WOT stumble

Post by jgriffin187 »

tldr: Spree starts to stall when throttle wide open.

Hi all,

I have an '87 Spree (stock) that I've owned for several years and is in great shape (600 miles). It had been sitting for a few months in my garage and now seems to want to stall when throttle wide open. Over the past couple of weeks I've cleaned the carb 3 times (compressed air, etc), I replaced with new air filter (air box in great shape), replaced the vacuum hoses, replaced gas, and replaced petcock. I still haven't solved the stalling at wide open issue, but other than that it starts and idles fantastically. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Josh
motormike

Re: A little help?

Post by motormike »

After all you've done, and no change, I'd say start looking for aged or out of place rubber components that affect vacuum. With engine running, spray carb-cleaner in suspect areas until you find a void that allows the carb-cleaner to cause the engine to stumble @ idle. O-rings, seals, airbox seal, loose clamps, ...g'luck and report finding... :urban:
EDIT: While cleaning the carb, did you remove main jet, emulsifier tube, and clear all passages in the main jet circuit ?
Also, did you return the idle mixture screw to OEM set-up specs? Have you twiddled the screw searching for adjustment ?
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"