Help honda elite sr 50 and Hurricaine

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

highflier
Noob
Noob

Help honda elite sr 50 and Hurricaine

Post by highflier »

Hi All,
First post here, I was given 2 matching scooters, 1 at a time(1994 elite sr 50). Anyways the first one I was able to getting running and had everything working until IRMA came to visit. It sat in salt water 18" deep for about an hour then was left untouched for a few weeks. I know, I know that was a crime. But I had to get house livable before I could worry about the scooter.

So the starter is dead now, and the kick starter was frozen, I took it apart and got the kick starter functional again, Took out the spart plug and kicked it and milky oil came out. Guess some water got into the cylinder :(

1st do you think it is worth trying to save this scooter, or is a dead duck?
Second, I have taken jumper cables, and hooked the spark plug ground up to the - battery, and kicked it a few times, I could not see any spark.

I removed flywheel and wire wheel cleaned the rust off of it. Used 600 grit paper to clean rust off the pickup. But I could not get the stator out. so I was not able to properly clean it off.
Is there any tricks to getting it off when it is stuck on. (I did remove the 2 bolt of course) Still no spark as of yet.

What course of action would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Highflier

PS. I will start another thread about the more minor issues of scooter #2, we call that one Bob.
motormike

Re: Help honda elite sr 50 and Hurricaine

Post by motormike »

With 18" of sea water, you will continue to face problems with brakes, cables, bearings, wiring, lights,...
I could go on and list every part of the bike, but you get what I'm saying.
I've seen a Chinese scooter engine rebuilt that got flooded here with rain water,
and for the next 2-3 years, problems were never-ending...I'd say salvage what you can,
sell extras for money to give Bob...ho, ho, ho... :urban:
Attachments
Santa scooter.jpg
Santa scooter.jpg (206.98 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
highflier
Noob
Noob

Post by highflier »

I was afraid that was going to be the response. Guess I will have to see if I can get Bob to run better
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Where are you located in Florida? With water damage, I assume the Naples area? Not sure we have many forum guys living down that way that can come over to help you.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

You in Tampa ?