Aero NH80 Float filling with gas

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Aero NH80 Float filling with gas

Post by jakubman1 »

My float inside the carb has gas in it when its not suppose to be any. They have this part available but after looking at the part number this is the same number. Part number is the same buuut this float is adjustable and has a different float needle. Lemme know what yall think. Everytime i type in this part number for the carb these pop up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-EZ90-SJ5 ... Ciid%253A1
ss800
BMX
BMX

Re: Aero NH80 Float bowl filling with gas

Post by ss800 »

Beware, there is no float needle supplied, just the float and float pin in your Ebay link.
By part #, it does indeed fit 1983 and 84 NH 80.
**Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson**

'95 Ducati 900SS/SP
'98 Honda VFR800
'07 Ducati SS800

www.customcarbservices.com
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I did see that there was no float needle supplied but they do sell them. Its got the hook on the top to hang on the float . like on 4 strokes.

Im having trouble finding the correct float needle to go with this black float in the link. help ! :worship:

I polished the crap where the float needle goes and has a new needle. :)
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

The 1 i have in there which is OEM is non adjustable
ss800
BMX
BMX

Re: Aero NH80 Float filling with gas

Post by ss800 »

The part # shown in your link (at least what is shown on the box) agrees with Honda parts fiche....the original was nylon/ plastic/fixed/ non-adjustable? The one linked has a metal tang, clearly adjustable,

And the actual nature of your problem float is a fuel filled float bulb, requiring replacement...correct?

Some pre purchase homework may be called for...call an actual Honda dealer, provide them with OEM original part #...still available? If part # changes is that still available?
Make note of any and all info you can from them. Record the part numbers involved.
**Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson**

'95 Ducati 900SS/SP
'98 Honda VFR800
'07 Ducati SS800

bonesv

Post by bonesv »

jakubman1 wrote:The 1 i have in there which is OEM is non adjustable
Maybe that's the problem? I've had a 1985 NH80 original carburetor and it had the metal tang for adjustment. Perhaps the previous owner changed some parts on your scooter? :eyeroll: Verify the carburetor part number stamped on the flange. Or, heck, just post some pics to make it easy for us???
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I have this picture for now . Ill post more soon. Yes my float has a pinhole somewhere. I just dont know which float needle to get.
Attachments
20171221_194419.jpg
20171221_194419.jpg (130.03 KiB) Viewed 9317 times
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Now that i think of it patthesoundguy did ask me if mine was adjustable way back when..
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

So what year is it by the way? Did you try to find the model designation on the flange of the carburetor?
Keihin PB.jpg
Keihin PB.jpg (34.9 KiB) Viewed 9313 times
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

My thinking is that the newer model of that same carburetor which is used in various Asian/European models has the adjustable float and new float needle. I used the adjustable float and float needle in my 1985 PB carb and it worked fine. Be sure you measure the float distance to specs to insure proper operation.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Mine is an 83 nh80. Its got that auto thermal choke i bypassed per BEAR tek
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

jakubman1 wrote:Mine is an 83 nh80. Its got that auto thermal choke i bypassed per BEAR tek
Oh, ok. It's tough to find in the usa but you can get the float and needle at cmsnl.com
https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nh80md-1983 ... ml#results
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Ive already replaced the float needle. The original was good so i went ahead and replaced anyways..

Will that same float needle fit the black float with the metal adjustable tab?? If so ill go ahead and pick up the black float.

Thanks a bunch. Hopefully it'll run a bit better. Crank seals for this bad boy are like 20$ each shipped =o
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

You might need the matching float needle also. It's got a wire hanger on it. Let me look in my old carb bin for a hanger for that. I might have it......
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

ss800
BMX
BMX

Post by ss800 »

Note there is a vast difference between non-adjustable, hanger type, fixed float needles versus adjustable, spring tip type (with the little hanger spring)

Of course one can not be used in place of another....used only in conjunction with the appropriate, matching type float

'95 Ducati 900SS/SP
'98 Honda VFR800
'07 Ducati SS800