Aero NH80 Float filling with gas

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonesv

Re: Aero NH80 Float filling with gas

Post by bonesv »

ss800 wrote:Note there is a vast difference between non-adjustable, hanger type, fixed float needles versus adjustable, spring tip type (with the little hanger spring)

Of course one can not be used in place of another....used only in conjunction with the appropriate, matching type float
I believe this is true. I do have a used (adjustable type) set I'm going to send him to try.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
ss800
BMX
BMX

Post by ss800 »

bonesv-
sounds like a reasonable attempt.
**Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson**

'95 Ducati 900SS/SP
'98 Honda VFR800
'07 Ducati SS800

www.customcarbservices.com
eglintonw
Noob
Noob

Post by eglintonw »

bonesv wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:34 pm So what year is it by the way? Did you try to find the model designation on the flange of the carburetor?Keihin PB.jpg
I have this exact carburettor on my NH80 here in Australia.
Is it a genuine Carb and how do I go about getting the electric choke to work? Just plug in to positive and negative? Doesnt seem to work when bench tested?

I finally got the bike running tonight but it seems to want to run away and keep climbing in revs. Like its just sucking fuel in. If i put my hand over the intake itll slow down.
What is the pipe coming out near the adjustment screws? Mine wasn't connected to anything and have just capped it.

None of the Adjustment screws did anything. Which is idle and air correction?

Any help at all will be super appreciated!
motormike

Post by motormike »

eglintonw wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:26 am
bonesv wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:34 pm So what year is it by the way? Did you try to find the model designation on the flange of the carburetor?Keihin PB.jpg
I have this exact carburettor on my NH80 here in Australia. If you are referring to the carb pictured, that is NOT the correct carb for NH80...the OEM carb has a completely different system for cold-start enrichment.
Is it a genuine Carb and how do I go about getting the electric choke to work? Just plug in to positive and negative? Doesnt seem to work when bench tested?

I finally got the bike running tonight but it seems to want to run away and keep climbing in revs. Like its just sucking fuel in. If i put my hand over the intake itll slow down. ...It's got an AIR LEAK
What is the pipe coming out near the adjustment screws? Mine wasn't connected to anything and have just capped it.

None of the Adjustment screws did anything. Which is idle and air correction?

Any help at all will be super appreciated!
...In order to get you good info, it will help greatly for you to post photos of your carburetor. I'm not completely familiar to NH80, and have no idea if you have the correct carb or not. The NH80 did not use the typical "bystarter" that most others used, but instead had a goofy "bi-metal" valve and series of hoses...specifically US models...not sure about AU models.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
breaze
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by breaze »

Not sure about Australian models but 83 - 85 U.S. NH80s do not have electric bystarter. Look at parts fiche - carb diagram shows small air filter which vents carb fuel rail on back of carb and auto choke. Cylinder diagram shows autochoke mounted on cylinder with 3 hoses. As far as checking the operation of the float, needle, and petcock, attach a clear hose to carb drain, loosen drain screw, and hold hose up alongside carb while engine is running - fuel level in hose = fuel level in carb bowl - should stay up around top of bowl. Not sure where you are plugging the electric bystarter in. Here is a pic of
chokebox.jpg
chokebox.jpg (431 KiB) Viewed 868 times
U.S. 83 model carb
'72 CT90
'73 CT90
'74 CT90