(Aus) Af06 to af18 swing arm

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

PLZ818
Noob
Noob

(Aus) Af06 to af18 swing arm

Post by PLZ818 »

Hi all ive searched an searched an I haven't found any mention of measurements swapping a af06 to af18 (from what I can gather it's the same going from a af05 to a af16) an since the se50 mount seems to be a us only deal in left to make my own (with some stretch mind you) from memory the distance between the swing arm bracket is 100mm an the distance between the mounts on the af18 are 105mm). TLDC; what offset do I have to put the motor to if my center point is the center of the chassis.

Cheers mates
bonesv

Re: (Aus) Af06 to af18 swing arm

Post by bonesv »

PLZ818 wrote:Hi all ive searched an searched an I haven't found any mention of measurements swapping a af06 to af18 (from what I can gather it's the same going from a af05 to a af16) an since the se50 mount seems to be a us only deal in left to make my own (with some stretch mind you) from memory the distance between the swing arm bracket is 100mm an the distance between the mounts on the af18 are 105mm). TLDC; what offset do I have to put the motor to if my center point is the center of the chassis.

Cheers mates
http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34903
I just saw this posted yesterday. I would inquire about this as the af06 in the US is same as the nifty fifty, and the af18 motor is basically the same as the af16 as far as mounting up. By using the new mount it would give the "stretch" you are looking for. The only problem I see is the af18 motor is designed to pump fuel from a floor mounted fuel tank and the af06 has the tank under the seat.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861