Anyone want to rebuild my carb

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

goreyboggs
Goped
Goped

Anyone want to rebuild my carb

Post by goreyboggs »

Hey guys I have a 86 spree. It's having a hard time staying running. Was wondering if someone wanted to clean/rebuild my carb for me? I can send it to you along with some money to send it back and to fix it. Shoot me a text 734-624-8462

Jeff
motormike

Re: Anyone want to rebuild my carb

Post by motormike »

You MIGHT not have a carb problem.
Could be fuel delivery.
Could be bystarter.
Could be air filter.
Could be air leak.
Could be throttle cable.
Could be......get my point ?
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Cleaning a carb is easier than you think. Very few moving parts compared to much larger sophisticated units. Check out this step-by-step and get yourself a can of carb cleaner spray. If you dont have compressed air available you use a can of spray-air in a pinch. Besides, if you plan on keeping your Spree going, youÔÇÖll need to familiarize yourself with the carb anyways. http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... ture_Guide

Also, how do you know your issue is carb related?
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
ss800
BMX
BMX

Post by ss800 »

Jeff....if need be I'm at your service , my name is Gordon, very active on Ex-500.com forum, i do a lot of Kawasaki work
Some examples of my work, before/after on my website. Take a look there, if you are interested, contact me (contact info also on the website)
I'll shoot you a text too.

http://www.customcarbservices.com
Last edited by ss800 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson**

'95 Ducati 900SS/SP
'98 Honda VFR800
'07 Ducati SS800

www.customcarbservices.com
ss800
BMX
BMX

Post by ss800 »

Meatball wrote:Cleaning a carb is easier than you think. Very few moving parts compared to much larger sophisticated units. Check out this step-by-step and get yourself a can of carb cleaner spray. If you dont have compressed air available you use a can of spray-air in a pinch. Besides, if you plan on keeping your Spree going, youÔÇÖll need to familiarize yourself with the carb anyways. http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... ture_Guide

Also, how do you know your issue is carb related?
Some folks lack workspace, tools, are unfamiliar or intimidated....for whatever reason prefer to "farm out" the job. I do employ sodablast and ultrasonic....as pics on my website indicate...they do quite well. I invite any/all forum members to take a peek at work pics on my website. I attempt to make motorcycle carbs both functional and presentable, restoring as close to factory condition, as I am capable.

My intent and motivation here to be involved on the Spree forum is far from "making a financial killing" ....as I'm a forum member, owner of an '86 Spree and fellow enthusiast..its for fun/activity and to provide a friendly, convenient, efficient AFFORDABLE service for those not able (for whatever reason).

I hope to connect with Jeff, do his carb up if he wishes. If this goes forward, we'll post some photos and see how he makes out. In the meantime, an open invitation exists for members to view my website. Comments and positive input are welcome as well.
**Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson**

'95 Ducati 900SS/SP
'98 Honda VFR800
'07 Ducati SS800

www.customcarbservices.com
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

It isnÔÇÖt worth paying someone to do, diy very easy
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

ss800 wrote:Jeff....if need be I'm at your service , my name is Gordon, very active on Ex-500.com forum, i do a lot of Kawasaki work
Some examples of my work, before/after on my website. Take a look there, if you are interested, contact me (contact info also on the website)
I'll shoot you a text too.

http://www.customcarbservices.com
I would talk to noiseguy before you sstart offering services here.

Don't pay anyone to clean your carb. It'll just need to be cleaned aagain cuz he can't replace your fuel lines or fuel filter or clean oout your tank. Cleaning the carb isnt any more complicated than cleaning a fuel system, and your carb got dirty somehow. I would download the manual and check out wikispreedia.