Honda aero 80 poor performance

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Proy
Noob
Noob

Honda aero 80 poor performance

Post by Proy »

Hey guys. I have been posting under the assumption that i had recently bought a honda spree and come to find out after looking at other builds and photos online i jave a aero 80.

This came as a surprise too me since it only tops out at 35 on flat ground and i was wondering if anyone can geive me some places to start looking into other then a carb clean which i did when i bought it.
motormike

Re: Honda aero 80 poor performance

Post by motormike »

Does that scooter still have the horrible vacuum-controlled cold-start enrichment hoses and valves in place ?
If so, there is a thread how to eliminate it by past member [Bear45-70].
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Swap in a dio...slap a Corsa on itÔÇÖll be faster than an 80 will ever be.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Proy wrote:Hey guys. I have been posting under the assumption that i had recently bought a honda spree and come to find out after looking at other builds and photos online i have an aero 80.

This came as a surprise too me since it only tops out at 35 on flat ground and i was wondering if anyone can give me some places to start looking into other then a carb clean which i did when i bought it.
Maybe you can start by giving us the mileage, and tell us if there's anything amiss? Like the air box, or if there's any aftermarket parts that you could notice? Maybe a few pics?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861