2 throttle cables? Noob

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

unclejemima
BMX
BMX

Re: 2 throttle cables? Noob

Post by unclejemima »

Just got my motocompo manual in. Found one for a good price! Its in english/french/german.

So...here is a snip from manual regarding setting the oil pump but man its hard to see with the 80's style dark photo. Can't make out what exactly I'm supposed to line the mark up to.
IMG_3072.JPG
IMG_3072.JPG (104.88 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
IMG_3073.JPG
IMG_3073.JPG (157.85 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Looks like the “pointer” and “index mark” have arrows to the same thing! Reminds of the olden days fixing my clunker car with a Chilton’s book.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
unclejemima
BMX
BMX

Post by unclejemima »

Yea, but this is a factory service manual. I expected better. IMO, illustrated or fiche type drawings are MUCH better than photographs for these type of illustrations.

I hate those Chilton books lol. I'm dead set factory service manual or don't bother. But in this situation...I had no other option.

I think i'm going to error on the side of more oil than less, as the more wide open the oil pump the more oil it will give. There is 2 markings. I'll try it at the far marking first.

I think had the book not been in english/french/german I would have been ok. Something makes me thing the Japanese version (in Japanese text of course, so no good to me) would be same number of pages as my 3 language version...meaning probably much more detail and illustrations as they don't have to explain it 3 times.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Starting at the far (yellow) mark in your photo does seem the safe bet.
...Noticing on my brothers motocompo, when he got his, it was set so that wide open throttle the oil pump indicator only goes to the line circled in green...but there is nothing saying it is set right either.
Your brother's scooter may be adjusted to spec.
On close inspection of the service manual photo, it appears the oil pump shaft is adjusted to the index mark you circled in green (In an earlier posting).
Motocompo_Pump_setting_sm.jpg
Motocompo_Pump_setting_sm.jpg (131.53 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
unclejemima
BMX
BMX

Post by unclejemima »

Fantastic! Thank you guys. I really appreciate the help!

Will be firing this thing up for what is probably the first time its ran in 30 years. Wish me luck :-)
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Will be firing this thing up for what is probably the first time its ran in 30 years. Wish me luck
That's great - tell us about your ride!

P.S. - Good one on the oil pump index marks. I looked at the Elite SA50, and they made sure to have only one mark... Honda's continuous improvement at work. You will be a good resource for other motocompo owners.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Make sure to verify that the pump works once you get it started. At idle you'll get something like 1 drop every 5 seconds or so, and opening the pump up it will exit faster.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products