Elite intake on a Nifty 50

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

SamDavy
BMX
BMX

Elite intake on a Nifty 50

Post by SamDavy »

Along with a set of parts bikes came a bike with whats left of a variated afo5e engine, including the carb/airbox/intake/reeds. I've seen people saying this can get me a few more k/ms. is it really as easy as just changing the bits over and take off down the road?
I own a Honda Eve and a Honda Nifty Fifty.
The Eve has a wiring harness, coils, throttle control and a starter motor from a nifty, since relying on kickstart isn't fun.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Elite intake on a Nifty 50

Post by noiseguy »

Without more specifics: You need a modified motor mount, you may need to remove the center stand, you may need a different shock or shock attachment point. Motor may not exactly fit sidepanels Wiring is simple and almost identical. Throttle will need to go from 1 cable to 2 cable, or you'll need to modify/plug pump and run pre-mix.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
SamDavy
BMX
BMX

Post by SamDavy »

So that's why I've got a slightly longer shock absorber. I couldn't work out why it came with these parts. The bike the variated afo5e was in had a stock motor mount and had the kickstand still attached. Aside from all that, what I was meaning was swapping the carb and intake from the variated to the standard, would this make any difference?
The Eve has a wiring harness, coils, throttle control and a starter motor from a nifty, since relying on kickstart isn't fun.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

We better find out which elite we are talking about here first. Elite E or ES aka sb50 did have a variated af05 but it was not the same as the Elite se50 or sa50 af05 motors. I don't believe the nifty and 2nd (later) gen. af05 manifolds are interchangeable. This is easily solved though. Is your donor Elites' intake manifold 2 bolt?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
SamDavy
BMX
BMX

Post by SamDavy »

I've had a second look, the carb and intake are identical to a standard spree/nifty. That's my 2nd spare carb to the collection, somebody has re-threaded it with what looks like springs and is using allen key bolts, much like the rest of the parts I have. not complaining about surplus! I'll get a couple pictures of the casing and maybe you can help identify, although from memory the intake is a 2 bolt, yes.
motormike

Post by motormike »

SamDavy wrote: somebody has re-threaded it with what looks like springs

The "springs" are a proper thread repair item sold under the name "Helicoil"... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
SamDavy
BMX
BMX

Post by SamDavy »

motormike wrote:

The "springs" are a proper thread repair item sold under the name "Helicoil"... :urban:
I'll have to keep that in mind! although the more its bolted and unbolted the springs appear to me unscrewing out the other side.
motormike

Post by motormike »

SamDavy wrote:
motormike wrote:

I'll have to keep that in mind! although the more its bolted and unbolted the springs appear to me unscrewing out the other side.
Understood.
I'm am not familiar with Helicoil installation in a hole that passes through.
My experience is when applied to a blind hole.
Search for Helicoil instructions to check for a correcting procedure.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"